PDA

View Full Version : my new redmax trimmer spins...

fga
10-25-2006, 06:45 PM
my new redmax trimmer spins the opposite way in the morning when its cold?? does that make sense? it spins clockwise with the throttle for about 30 seconds, then spins normal counter-clockwise.

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
10-25-2006, 06:53 PM
sounds pretty mucked up.......................hey are you a MST3K fan ?

fga
10-25-2006, 07:40 PM
sounds pretty mucked up.......................hey are you a MST3K fan ?
it's only 2 months old, and other then that issue in the morning, and not every morning, it runs perfect.

I love MST. i even like the less the B movies they watch... Worms

Digdug
10-25-2006, 07:49 PM
I have seen chainsaws start and run backwards. The fix was to adjust the coil leg / flywheel gap . It was on the old Husqvarn 262xp's.
I thought that could be happening to your line trimmer until you said it changes and goes the right way after a little bit. Do you shut it off and restart it and then it runs the right way?

cnflawn
10-25-2006, 08:28 PM
i think yours is a tr-2300
they had a problem with the coil and the timing. please take to a dealer and have them replace with a new one.
dont feel bad the first couple we saw threw us for a diognastic loop as well.

jerald

fga
10-25-2006, 08:31 PM
i think yours is a tr-2300
they had a problem with the coil and the timing. please take to a dealer and have them replace with a new one.
dont feel bad the first couple we saw threw us for a diognastic loop as well.

jerald
that's the model. i really like the trimmer, but i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me.

DylanK
10-25-2006, 08:42 PM
that has to do with timing... if the timing is off, it can actually cause the crank to revolve the opposit way which would cause your head to spin the opposite way

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
10-25-2006, 08:44 PM
it's only 2 months old, and other then that issue in the morning, and not every morning, it runs perfect.

I love MST. i even like the less the B movies they watch... Worms

I used to watch it every saturday when it came on, i miss it........awesome show

Tharrell
10-25-2006, 09:33 PM
That's kinda weird huh? I had a friend back in '73 that had a Husky 400 motocrosser start backwards. Good thing he had just taken it out of a van and the rear wheel was against the bumper. At the time we thought it was because the bore and stroke were square. What did we know, huh!

fga
10-26-2006, 09:03 AM
heard from Redmax this morning, told me it is the ignition module, and return to dealer for the replacement of it. strange it is:)

Total.Lawn.Care
10-26-2006, 09:42 AM
It is really strange, but you can start a two stroke motor and have it run in the opposite direction. I would not have realized that until I saw several posts about it in some boating forums. Weird huh. Glad they figured it out. Good luck