PDA

View Full Version : Learning

ACutAbovesiny
10-26-2006, 03:22 AM
I'm in the process of taking a PCDI course in Landscape Design. For those who are not familiar with PCDI it is the Professional Career Development Institute. Its basically internet classes.

I've heard alot of mixed reactions from people but in my opinion its good so far.

Do any of you have opinions of them??

ACutAbovesiny
11-23-2006, 03:20 AM
Alot of views but no replies.

LindblomRJ
11-23-2006, 04:24 AM
I looked at it for a little bit. Wasn't my cup of tea. If I go to school to learn I think I would go for Horticulture or Landscape design, etc at a 4 year school. I tend to believe this is something that is best learned hands on, or working close with an instructor, or as an apprentice. That seems to be the reason 4 year institutions that offer other classes online do not offer horticulte or landscape construction or design.

jlbf0786
11-23-2006, 06:55 AM
I "personally" have mixed thoughts about PCDI and their Landscape Design program.

By taking the landscape design course through PCDI you will learn things that will improve your landscape design skills, in return this will help out on future jobs!
The really bad thing about the course is that its not an actual collegic course, its only a diploma course!!! A diploma is useless in todays business world, only a 2-4 yr. degree from a college or university!
But like you said above "theres alot of mixed reviews.." and this is just my point of view!
If it helps you then it doesnt matter!!!