PDA

View Full Version : Blow outs are done - for a while

DanaMac
10-26-2006, 10:36 AM
Well we can't really blow anything out in the middle of a blizzard. Already about 6-8 inches of snow at my place. And supposed to snow until around 6:00 pm today. Coincidentally, this same time in 1997 we had a massive blizzard that shut down the city. I couldn't leave my old neighborhood for 3 days until the front end loaders came in. This looks like it could be almost as good. And yes, I mean good. I love the snow!

We have the majority of blow outs done. Any that are left I am not worrying about. They either scheduled to have it late Oct. or early Nov., or they just recently called. Not my fault from here on out.

I'll post pics later today. Maybe the others from here will too.

Jason Rose
10-26-2006, 10:59 AM
Look forward to seeing some pics. That same cold front is pushing its way through here mid afternoon today. Wish we could get some real RAIN out of it but they are saying that WIND is going to be the biggie. Nothing more than light drizzle here for about the last 24 hours...

DanaMac
10-26-2006, 11:04 AM
They had been predicting this storm on Tuesday so a lot of us prepared for it. I gave SprinklerGuy 3 of my blow outs for yesterday so that I could get ahead and take care of some of today's scheduled jobs. Thanks BTW. I had my tech work a little late and do the same. A few other guys I talked with were trying to do the same as well. I saw homeowners frantically shoveling rock they had delivered for landscaping and people putting down winter fertilizer. Looks like we could get 12"-24" or more at my place. Hee Hee Heeee. I feel like a little kid when it gets like this.

DanaMac
10-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Maybe I can use my compressor and just blow the snow off the driveway!!

paolaken
10-26-2006, 02:14 PM
jason, did you get any of the rain? we got better than 1" last night and just kinda off and on today. more coming i think.

Jason Rose
10-26-2006, 02:38 PM
jason, did you get any of the rain? we got better than 1" last night and just kinda off and on today. more coming i think.

Rain? What's that? All we can ever get is just this light drizzle... Just makes it wet so I can't pick up leaves but no real moisture for the ground! There's a "chance" of rain today, but even if it dosn't really RAIN they act like they didn't lie since drizzle is still considered precipitation, lol.

I have about 2 HUNDREDTHS of an inch in the gage...

SprinklerGuy
10-26-2006, 03:17 PM
3 feet and counting on the back deck.....I will take a picture of my compressor here in awhile and post it tomorrow....as soon as the movie is over and I have some more hot cocoa and eat some more and read and maybe take a nap by the woodstove with the kitty....

DanaMac
10-26-2006, 03:22 PM
3 feet and counting on the back deck.....I will take a picture of my compressor here in awhile and post it tomorrow....as soon as the movie is over and I have some more hot cocoa and eat some more and read and maybe take a nap by the woodstove with the kitty....

Don't you love days lke that! We sat around making biscuits and gravy, watched Emeril (I really like cooking shows), took a short nap, played with the dogs in the snow...........

About 1.5 feet here, more with the drifts. Sorry if the rest of you don't like my/our snow updates. But it's better than me b!itching and complaining.

SprinklerGuy
10-26-2006, 03:30 PM
We had french toast at 11am...and ham....

I am about due for a nap...but first I have to make a snow fort on the deck...for the 7 year old.....for some reason she still remembers the fort I built her during the blizzard of 2002....

I like cooking shows too....don't tell anyone.

DanaMac
10-26-2006, 04:00 PM
Here's my compressor covered at noon. I think I'll go snowblow the drive now.

DanaMac
10-26-2006, 04:01 PM
A couple others also

justgeorge
10-26-2006, 05:18 PM
and my ski trip isn't till January!@##

SprinklerGuy
10-26-2006, 05:48 PM
There will still be plenty of snow here don't worry......

gusbuster
10-26-2006, 07:23 PM
Though I know it means money for you guys, just to rub it in, places like where me and purp live, still range from low 70's to low 80's. Even here in the S.F. Peninsula, nice balmy 72 at 15:00.

To damn early for snow, but do enjoy some time off.

BSME
10-26-2006, 08:13 PM
I am jealous of those pics... gives me the feeling of being done for the year.

Are you guys still sitting by the phone taking the frantic calls? telling them how to at least turn off their water?

Wet_Boots
10-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Some day, I'm just going to replace the message with a laugh track....

BSME
10-26-2006, 10:04 PM
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHa..... better luck next year"

SprinklerGuy
10-26-2006, 10:07 PM
My phone didn't ring today at all.....search google news for colorado springs blizzard and you'll see why.....lots of folks w/out power.....feet of snow....nobody cares right now...

But they will tomorrow and Saturday....

DanaMac
10-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Mine didn't ring either, except the few that called wanting to reschedule. Hopefully Monday will bring more calls.