PDA

View Full Version : cOMMERICIAL PROPERTY HELP

lehrjetmx
10-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Haven't Had A Give A Commericial Property Proposal And Just Got My Foot In The Door With Commericial From Residental. What Is The Going Rate For Blow Outs On Commericial And Start Up Fees? Are You Guys Charging A Straight Fee For Maintenance And Whats That Going For A Month/ Weekly. Any Help Would Make Me :)
Thanks For The Help

Wet_Boots
10-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Stop posting with your caps lock on. If the shift key is too hard to work, all lowercase type is okay (and a whole lot easier to read)

DanaMac
10-26-2006, 03:23 PM
I charge a MINIMUM of $120 an hour. Since I can do at least 2 residentials an hour at $60 each, $120 an hour minimum. Usually more.

lehrjetmx
10-26-2006, 03:32 PM
I charge a MINIMUM of $120 an hour. Since I can do at least 2 residentials an hour at $60 each, $120 an hour minimum. Usually more.
Is that a flat fee no matter what you do a service call, blow out, or start up. Do you break it down or give it to them just like that. I thought about a break down
Blow out $xx.xx per zone
start up per zone
service call $xx.xx
hourly$xx.xx
parts$xx.xx

Mjtrole
10-26-2006, 05:04 PM
Is that a flat fee no matter what you do a service call, blow out, or start up. Do you break it down or give it to them just like that. I thought about a break down
Blow out $xx.xx per zone
start up per zone
service call $xx.xx
hourly$xx.xx
parts$xx.xx

Per zone for winterizations and start-ups seem to be the way our industry is moving at least around here it is, one thing that you have to have a handle on are your costs.

Costs (overhead, labor burden, etc.) for your company and the company next door to you are different and should be different, you just need to figure out a good bidding/pricing scale and stick to it whether it's per zone or per hour, also be careful on perspective commercial clients insurance requirements they might cost you some extra cash to bump insurance coverages.

More info would be helpful also, size of property, number of controllers and water supplies.

bobw
10-27-2006, 01:13 AM
I make less on commercial blowouts than I do on residential. Going rate here was 60/residential (most of us charge flat rate on residential), 90/hr on commercial. I can definitely make more on residential, but I make more on commercial installs, so it all works itself out.

The biggest problem in my part of the world is getting commercial/builders to GO AWAY! We're done blow outs... the season is OVER. I don't care if you FINALLY got the stuccoers off the property and want to do your irrigation. You booked it for 3 months ago, I'm done now. I'm tired from a long hard season, and frankly.. I can't charge you enough to justify having to hook up the trailer and start messing in the dirt again....

lehrjetmx
10-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Per zone for winterizations and start-ups seem to be the way our industry is moving at least around here it is, one thing that you have to have a handle on are your costs.

Costs (overhead, labor burden, etc.) for your company and the company next door to you are different and should be different, you just need to figure out a good bidding/pricing scale and stick to it whether it's per zone or per hour, also be careful on perspective commercial clients insurance requirements they might cost you some extra cash to bump insurance coverages.

More info would be helpful also, size of property, number of controllers and water supplies.
The original installer never left a layout plan or design when he was done so i haven't finished my homework as far as how many buildings there are 58. I have to find the valve boxes and bfp for each hook up. The main is off city water and looks like a 2 inch main. That was the pvc going to one bfp I found.

Mjtrole
10-27-2006, 09:02 PM
The original installer never left a layout plan or design when he was done so i haven't finished my homework as far as how many buildings there are 58. I have to find the valve boxes and bfp for each hook up. The main is off city water and looks like a 2 inch main. That was the pvc going to one bfp I found.

If the complex isn't that old you might be able to contact your supplier and ask if they supplied the project, they may have plans available or simply a Material Take Off (mto), heck even if it is old they still might have at least the MTO on it.

I call and ask for old ones all the time and they usually come through for me. 58 buildings is a good size complex to get for service. Good Luck

lehrjetmx
11-03-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for all i submitted my bid we can only see what happens went with 106.00 an hour with 15 minute increments after the first hour.

PurpHaze
11-03-2006, 10:52 PM
There's nothing like a good as-built plan to save a lot of headache down the line. Everything I install has an accurate CAD asbuilt.

On older systems I just do up a general plot plan and indicate what I've found as the years go by. I add/subtract components as need be. Lateral lines are cheap but when it comes to mains, valves and wiring after-built plans are a valuable tool when it comes to contractors installing electrical, sewer, data/internet, etc. through an irrigation system.

On our newest high school I never received any as-builts. Now they've broken ground for a swimming pool and everyone is scurrying about because no one knows where anything truly is, especially the main lines and resilent wedge isolation valves that don't seem to be where the LA put them on the original plans. I've spent the last two days R&Ding the area out with the 521 and mapping mains and valves. Monday we're going in with the Bobcat backhoe to do a little size/location confirmation for an 8" main line that has to be moved.

Attached is the rough schematic I'm working on to keep the boss and Facilities Manager apprised as to what is actually where. They in turn can then advise the contractors.