PDA

View Full Version : Toro ProLine?

CNY Property Management
10-26-2006, 02:30 PM
I am getting back into the lawncare business after a 10 year hiatus and have been busy catching up on new equipment and how the business has changed. Back when I was cutting, Toro Proline walk behind with the T-bar was the hot mower and they served me quite well. I don't hear much about them now. Is this still considered a top-notch machine? What are the general thoughts about the pro's and con's of the Pro-Line?

David Haggerty
10-26-2006, 02:39 PM
I don't have a lot of good to say about the Proline belt drive T-bar WB.
I like Toro's commercial line, just not wild about their pro line.
Although...At the EXPO a Toro rep. said next spring Toro would introduce a WB with new controls that is going to be "revolutionary".
I'll wait and see.

Mowerboy04
10-26-2006, 02:39 PM
i have a toro pro line 36in its a outstanding mower, i've had it for 2 seasons now and its really been good never had any problems. hope this helps a little.
alex

TPLawnPro
10-26-2006, 02:47 PM
Toro Prolines with the T-Bar are still a good way to travel. But there are different and more advanced designs for you to choose from.

For walk-behinds, Exmark Turf Tracers with ECS controls are outstanding! In my opinion, Exmark is the reference by which all other walk-behind mowers are measured.. Just my .02 cents. Others might hastily disagree?

Wright Mfg's. Stander Mowers are another alternative. Not really a walk-behind, but a happy medium between owning a walk-behind and a ZTR. They are well built, and incorporate plenty of power.

SCAG hasn't really changed at all. Still very reliable, and still looks the same.

Snapper - not much has changed there either.

Hustler has come along with its TrimStar.

There are others.