PDA

View Full Version : 250 John Deere skid steer

Fieldman12
10-26-2006, 04:57 PM
I just bought a 2003 Series II skid steer. On the parking brake switch it stays red all the time including when the switch is disengaged. It appears to disengage because I can tell a difference when trying to move and also the parking light (red dot) goes off. Is the red light (parking brake swich) on all the time normal? Also I have noticed sometimes at lower RPM's that when tilting the bucket I kind of here a screatching noise. Is this normal? It appears to be coming from the cylinders. Anything to watch for on these machines? It has 1900 hrs on it and appears to have had a very good home. There is tons of these in the area and everyone seems to love them.

SinjonAssociates
10-26-2006, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure about the parking brake issue but try greasing the piss out of the pivot points to see if it has an affect on the noise you are hearing.
George

jd270
10-26-2006, 06:10 PM
thats normal for the parking brake i have the same noise in the tilt cylinders at low rpm when cold i have a 270 and i love it its been the best skid ive had so far there are a lot of them around here also

Fieldman12
10-26-2006, 07:52 PM
Im glad it is all normal. The guy gave me the machine for a week to use. He said if I did not like it to bring it back. Im going to pay him tomorrow. I already have poured the grease to the machine. Going to change oil this weekend and get a removable tooth bar sometime soon.

G ZMAN
10-31-2006, 11:19 AM
The hydraulic noise can be reduced with something called a Hydraulic Atenuator (kind of like a hydraulic muffler). Ask your dealer if they can research the cost to install this attenuator for your model.

JDSKIDSTEER
10-31-2006, 08:43 PM
Deere had a few electrical issues that may keep light on. On 200 series I suggest letting dealer look at if an issue. I have seen more electrical problems because of customers shorting out instrument cluster due to trying to repair on their own. Deere greatly improved on 300 series.:clapping:

Fieldman12
11-03-2006, 10:13 PM
I called the dealer and they said the light is suppose to be on all the time.