PDA

View Full Version : which 36" hydro walk behind

Wisentaner
10-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Looking for a pair of new 36 hydros to replace some 36 gravely belt drives that are not holding up like I was hoping. Looking for something really well built that cuts cool season grasses well. Any thoughts?

nmez21
10-26-2006, 06:26 PM
Personally, I'd get a Quick 36. Never seem to hear a bad thing about em'.

WREBELMACHINE
10-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Around here the 36" Encore is the king. I have one that I have had for years works great!

Rhett
10-27-2006, 11:19 AM
What are your choices for local dealers? I have run Lesco, Exmark, Toro, Scag, and a few others. Lesco lots of bang for the buck, but poor service, medicore cut and don't care for the pistol grips. Like the cut ,ECS and the quality of the exmark. Didn't much care for the price but have bought two so far. Toro has poor service locally but was a nice machine. Scag, Pistol grips and the price were the down side. Other than that nice solid machine.

TriCountyLawn
10-27-2006, 11:23 AM
We use Hustler walkbehinds and trust me they are worth the money. I would stay away from pistol grips if I were looking to upgrade (this includes ECS).

What kinda dealers do you have locally ?

Green King
10-27-2006, 11:43 AM
Encore is the strongest here. but I am seeing a few of the Exmark ecs and Yazoo pps models. I saw an everide loop handle machine last week that looked real good and should be a good alternative to pistol grips if a person did not like pistol grips

Lawnut101
10-27-2006, 12:00 PM
I think Snapper is alright, maybe a little pricey. I love my 48in hydro Snapper.

Groomer
10-27-2006, 12:49 PM
I've had a snapper on the trailer for 5 years, the thing doesn't get the hours that the 48's do, but still its been indestructible! No major problems, just the usual maintainence. The safety switches can glitch out, but then you just bypass 'em, (I didn't really say that!).

fiveoboy01
10-27-2006, 02:03 PM
We use Hustler walkbehinds and trust me they are worth the money. I would stay away from pistol grips if I were looking to upgrade (this includes ECS).

You know what irritates the piss out of me?

You ALWAYS have to mention pistol grips and ECS in the same breath, and how much they both suck.

ECS is a HUGE improvement over pistol grips.[/rant]

To the OP, I'd suggest that you demo some stuff if you can. The Quick 36 is priced right and I've always heard good stuff about them.

My 48" Turf Tracer is a great mower, and I'd assume that it's great in 36" as well. The TriVantage deck works great, and the "crappy" ECS controls are a joy to use.

J&R Landscaping
10-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Might spend a bit more money but I would look into a Bobcat. I just got a 52" hydro and I am amazed in how much better it cuts then my exmark. For a while, I was sold on the exmarks cut but IMHO, there is no contest. (for the record, both the bobcat and exmark are between 98-02 models.)

lawn_pro
10-27-2006, 08:27 PM
scag..................

Cheffy
10-27-2006, 08:54 PM
ever try a dixie chopper run behind I bought it on ebay about a week after I bought a toro 36 pistol now the toro sits in the shed . The Toro 36 is for sale

justanotherlawnguy
10-27-2006, 10:22 PM
If I got a fixed deck I would get an eXmark Viking
If I got a floating deck I would get a TTHP

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-27-2006, 11:46 PM
We use Bob-Cats not to pricey and leaves a very nice cut. Demo what you can in your area. Have you tried wright's stander's,they make some great stuff.

TAZ
10-28-2006, 07:36 AM
I like my quick.... I dunno what the other poster was talking about with exmark's ESC's being crap. When I demoed one I thought that was one of the best control systems on the market. I do agree the pistol grips are not the best. Your hands become bumpers.

-TAZ