PDA

View Full Version : new efficiency practice for me

logan
10-26-2006, 06:16 PM
i know that a lot of us use the trimmer to "blow" with on occasion. Earlier this week, i saw that the exhaust from my Stander blew the grass of the window sill(sometimes). Next, I tried to use the exhaust from my trimmer, to blow the grass off of the window sill. I worked great, as long as the window in closed:) Just thought I would pass that revelation on, so some of us can use it to save a trip into the backyard with the blower.

gilatplc
10-26-2006, 06:55 PM
what in the WORLD is grass doing on a window sill???????????????????????

metro36
10-26-2006, 06:59 PM
what in the WORLD is grass doing on a window sill???????????????????????
Ditto ^^^^ :confused: :confused: :confused:

lawnguyland
10-26-2006, 07:02 PM
Maybe a basement window sill?

metro36
10-26-2006, 07:09 PM
If it was a basement window sill them a exhaust you not blow it off. It would most likely be stuck on to the window then

1MajorTom
10-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Definitely we have had grass on a window sill. No way around it, trimming around the foundation, and that basement window will always get it. :hammerhead:
I'll pass that tip along to Matt about the trimmer exhaust and see how it works.

gilatplc
10-26-2006, 07:36 PM
Logan, is from FL we don't have basements???

But if we did I can see where this make sence.

metro36
10-26-2006, 07:51 PM
My lawns have basements but I use the blower to clean up. Using a trimmer would actually take me more time to flip around and the go back to whacking. I would rather do it in one shot with the blower.

logan
10-27-2006, 12:21 AM
some house have only a little space between them. If the wnd gets hold of the clippings, then they will land on the sill. I am calling it a sill, but it is the slanted concrete piece outside of the windows. it is almost horizontal, so it can collect clipping sometimes. The wind from the exhaust is not like a blower, true, but it can still do the trick in certain situations.

mr mow
10-27-2006, 12:49 AM
on your stander put your sheild down, turn on blades and go backwards(watch out for rocks that could be launched). i do this sometimes when traveling back to the truck, mostly in fall to clear drive of leaves. faster than a blower when its dry.

LawnScapers of Dayton
10-27-2006, 04:14 AM
My Stander with Meg-mos on is an incredible blower......I use it all season to clean up streets around properties I mow...

D