PDA

View Full Version : Updated truck pics

DodgeTruckMan731
10-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Just got done with puttin my lightbar and backrack on it. i think it looks pretty mean, looked to much like a family truck before now it looks like a work truck.

Chris

RedMax Man
10-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Yea, it looks awesome! I also like the little flood lights mounted below. Is it a Whelen light bar?

stuffdeer
10-26-2006, 06:50 PM
Chris, I hate to say it, but, Both of our trucks being 1/4 ton, will always look like "Family trucks" no matter what you do. Unless you go all out with a 6 in lift and some 32 in Tires.

I do like the additions.

mcwlandscaping
10-26-2006, 07:09 PM
makes that truck look 110% more professional right there with the backrack and bar. Yes, RedMax Man, it is a whelen bar. I really like your switch box as well, very clean install on the whole thing!

mcwlandscaping
10-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Chris, I hate to say it, but, Both of our trucks being 1/4 ton, will always look like "Family trucks" no matter what you do. Unless you go all out with a 6 in lift and some 32 in Tires.

I do like the additions.
His doesn't anymore........especially when he is towing his trailer

DodgeTruckMan731
10-26-2006, 07:23 PM

I do like the additions.
I dont think it looks like a family truck at all anymore.

stuffdeer
10-26-2006, 08:45 PM
His doesn't anymore........especially when he is towing his trailer

So when I'm towing my trailer, my truck doesn't look like a family truck?

dcondon
10-26-2006, 09:21 PM
It looks very nice. I would love to plow res driveways with a truck like that. Sometimes 3/4 and 1ton and be a pain in the a..:waving:

duke99
10-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Dodge Truck man - nice lookin truck i have the same truck except mine is blue -- and i have a full whelen bar on a homemade light pylon ....

DodgeTruckMan731
10-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Thanks guys i want to possible add 2 more worklights under the bumper if i buy a salt spreader this winter, its already bright with all the rear worklights on but i want more and with the worklights i have on now i wouldnt be able to see the salt coming out.

DBL
10-28-2006, 07:37 PM
looks awesome love the lightbar do you use all the controls on the control box

J&R Landscaping
10-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Looks like a good set-up! Do you have a plow for the truck yet?

Lawnsmithcare
10-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Just got done with puttin my lightbar and backrack on it. i think it looks pretty mean, looked to much like a family truck before now it looks like a work truck.

Chris

What kind of light bar is it and where did you get it?

DodgeTruckMan731
10-28-2006, 11:33 PM
looks awesome love the lightbar do you use all the controls on the control box

I have 2 switches left on the control box.

Looks like a good set-up! Do you have a plow for the truck yet?

No plow yet but hopefully soon.

What kind of light bar is it and where did you get it?

Its a Whelen mini edge, i got it off of ebay.

duke99
10-29-2006, 08:43 PM
how did you run your wires for the bar??

DodgeTruckMan731
10-30-2006, 03:50 PM
I have them running behind the cab underneath the truck through the frame rail for protection then up thru the engin then through the firewall into the cab, i had a buddy of mine Tony or (AMW on lawnsite) install it for me.

jaybow
02-05-2007, 04:28 PM

Chris

Hey what year Dakota and what size motor and how do you like it.I am thinking of getting a dakota looks like a good mid size truck.What type of trailer/equipment do you pull with it?Im trying to save a little on gas and stay under 10,000 pounds with truck/trailer combined weight to avoid commercial plates.Not to mention the truck should run a little cheaper in price.

FearThisDeere
02-05-2007, 08:29 PM
I hope DodgeTruckMan731 doesn't mind if I chime in here. My dad has a 2003 Dakota extended cab with the 4.7. It was the truck I leanred to drive with. I must say that it is the most reliable truck I have ever dealt with. It is going in for it's FIRST repair this week. One of the front differential seals is leaking, but the truck has 98K on it. Other than that it has just been regular maintenance. It is a very reliable truck. We pulled a loaded 8K lb. dump trailer a few miles down back roads every week for about a year with it and never had an issue. I love that truck.

DodgeTruckMan731
02-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey what year Dakota and what size motor and how do you like it.I am thinking of getting a dakota looks like a good mid size truck.What type of trailer/equipment do you pull with it?Im trying to save a little on gas and stay under 10,000 pounds with truck/trailer combined weight to avoid commercial plates.Not to mention the truck should run a little cheaper in price.

its a 02, it has the 4.7L V-8, i pull a 6X12 open trailer with it it handles it with out a doubt. its a good reliable truck, if you have anymore questions feel free to email me because i rarley pop in ls in the winter you got me by chance, email is chris@christoslandscaping.com.

RedWingsDet
02-06-2007, 12:14 PM
why would you put that on if your not plowing? doesnt make to much since to waste the money on that if your not even using it.

DodgeTruckMan731
02-06-2007, 03:38 PM
why would you put that on if your not plowing? doesnt make to much since to waste the money on that if your not even using it.

becuase i was planning on it, due to the lack of snow it wouldnt make sense to buy a plow right now.

SLC, LLC
02-06-2007, 03:46 PM
what are all the different switches used for? i believe there are five or six switches on that panel? where can a person get a control box like that one to mount their switches in?

DodgeTruckMan731
02-06-2007, 06:11 PM
6 switches, got 1 switch on the strobes, 2nd switch on the 2 rear work lights i installed on the back rack, 3rd switch controls the front work lights on the lightbar, 4th switch control the rear work lights on the bar, and i would like to add hideaway strobes in the future, so i have 2 extra switches for them, i got the box at strobesnmore.com.

Chris

duke99
02-07-2007, 08:06 PM
dodgetruckman731 - i was gonna tell ya if you put a plow on that truck .. better make sure your ball joints are in good shape ... and i wouldnt go with a big plow either .... i have
a snow bear ... and its enought weight without destroying stuff .. just my .002

bigjeeping
03-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Chris did you ever install any racks on the trailer?
I've got a 50" exmark rider I'm selling If you're looking to go bigger this summer!

DodgeTruckMan731
03-17-2007, 10:12 PM
Chris did you ever install any racks on the trailer?
I've got a 50" exmark rider I'm selling If you're looking to go bigger this summer!

Yeah i put a blower rack on there because someone stole my blower during cleanups, gonna put trimmer racks on it pretty soon dont want anything else grabbed off of it, might be interested in the rider after i find out how many accounts ill run this year.

Chris