PDA

View Full Version : Scag's new homeowners model!!!!

SamTheLawnMan
10-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Has anyone seen these yet??? Looks like we will see more do-it-yourselfers.

CottonPatch
10-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Has anyone seen these yet??? Looks like we will see more do-it-yourselfers.
Your dealer in Hammond had one 48' cut that I would like to bring back and show you.
Rusty

procut
10-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Havn't actually seen one yet. Funny because I was just thinking the other day how Scag was the only brand left not offering a home owner model. I guess this means more part timers.

kipcom
10-27-2006, 04:20 AM
Have U noticed..... US Consumer Reports......There are more homeowners than ever now than in the past 50 years. This has shifted the manufacturers focus from the commercial market to the "Homeowner" market do-it-yourselfers. The big ads now focus on time savings, low cost & how easy it is for YOU the homeowner to accomplish these tasks around your home. This leaves those in the residential LCO business a very small audience to compete for.

Richard Martin
10-27-2006, 05:17 AM
Have U noticed..... US Consumer Reports......There are more homeowners than ever now than in the past 50 years. This has shifted the manufacturers focus from the commercial market to the "Homeowner" market do-it-yourselfers. The big ads now focus on time savings, low cost & how easy it is for YOU the homeowner to accomplish these tasks around your home. This leaves those in the residential LCO business a very small audience to compete for.

That was pretty "enlightening" of Consumer Reports to point out the obvious.

I believe that the recent influx of HH (Harry Homeowner) style ZTRs aren't really hurting our segment of the market. Most of those who hire us wouldn't cut their own grass if somebody gave them a ZTR. They're the kind of people who either don't have the time or aren't able to mow their own grass.

The companies that are getting hurt are the traditional manufacturers of HH style mowers like riding tractors and mowers. I was up at Lowes the other day and they still have a row of 20 brand new John Deeres sitting out front. At this time of the year they're going to have to give those mowers away to get rid of them.