PDA

View Full Version : JD 737 bagger

whiskeymaker
10-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Does anybody have a bagger for a JD ztr 737/757?? Is it JD brand or did you modify a different brand? How is it working for you??

I need a bagger for my 737 and really havent looked ot other brand to see if they can be modified to fit.

The JD brands are expen$ive!! Can't find any on ebay either.

Thanks for any help!!

QualityLawnCare4u
10-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Good luck whiskeymaker, I've been trying to find one myself and you are right, they are $$$$$. I will do without before I pay what the dealer wants for one.

greengiant9963
10-27-2006, 08:10 AM
I have a 737 with a 54 inch cut. I bought a new MCS system from John Deere this Summer. It ran around $2,500. I like the unit over all. It does bag very well. Leafs or wet grass has only clogged once. Only issue is that it does use alot of power. I am running OEM highlifts and with the vac attached it really drains the power. But it leaves a carpet like cut.

greengiant9963
10-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Good luck whiskeymaker, I've been trying to find one myself and you are right, they are $$$$$. I will do without before I pay what the dealer wants for one.

Danny,

Will get a couple pics to you this weekend. Nothing but rain and wet snow for Sat. and Sun. so will have a little time to snap some pics.

tat900
10-27-2006, 09:12 AM
what about the accelrator industries is it any good fixin to buy oine for my 717

lewdo
10-27-2006, 07:00 PM
I've got the JD bagger and really like it. Mine ran $1950 that was for the 3 bag system which I'm glad I spent the extra bucks to get. Like greengiant said, I've noticed somewhat of a loss of power, but does a very nice job.

Have you guys found any after market places to buy blades? I bought a set from ExpressMowerParts, but they do not have the high lift that came with original equipment.

mowtime
10-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Picked up a peco last year with a 6hp pony motor. picks up wet or dry and very thick leaves are no problem. The best part is dump from the seat. Found mine on ebay for 800.00 but new I think over 2,000 bucks

Howie's Lawn Care
10-27-2006, 10:32 PM
Picked up a peco last year with a 6hp pony motor. picks up wet or dry and very thick leaves are no problem. The best part is dump from the seat. Found mine on ebay for 800.00 but new I think over 2,000 bucks
How does it dump from seat? Do you mean on the ground or a lift to the truck bed like Walker offers. If you mean it dumps to the ground, what do you do then? The largest company here in town dumps to the ground with Grasshopper clamshell baggers and then sucks it into a leaf type box with a truck loader. It seems like an expensive method to me, but this guy had everything top notch. He has newer F-250 diesels, all kinds of trailers, and uys brand new Grasshoppers every year, bags everything as far as I know.