PDA

View Full Version : Scag Velocity Decks

ccl
10-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Was wondering if anyone on here has used this new deck and how it performed in different conditions compared to the Advantage deck. Is the cut quality and clipping dispersal any better than the old decks?

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
10-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Yes it has no clumping even in wet turf thumbs up.

tacoma200
10-28-2006, 01:13 AM
I have been reading these threads for years and the Scag Velocity Deck, JD 7 Iron II, and the Toro Turbo force have the least number of complaints. The Exmark Ultracut got great marks but it's not used much by Exmark anymore. When the "new" Exmark Triton comes out (07) it will probably be top notch.

John Gamba
10-28-2006, 07:40 AM
. When the "new" Exmark Triton comes out (07) it will probably be top notch.

We will see:)

ccl
10-28-2006, 09:48 AM
I definately think the Velocity and 7 IronII are out performing everything else on the market right now from what I'm reading and hearing from other people. The Ultra Cut and even the Trivantage are good decks, my only complaint with either one of those decks is trying to mow in wet conditions is a nightmare with them, scraping after every yard when it's wet. I don't see why Exmark just didn't take the Ultracut and tweak it and refine it's performance in certain areas, such as cutting in wet conditions and clipping dispersal. The cut quality has always been good with the Ultracut and discharge pretty good too. From what I can see Scag and JD have just taken their decks and refined them to perform better in a wider range of conditions. It looks like Exmark is lagging in certain areas now, I've heard alot of complaints about service issues and it's taken them a year to finally respond to the problems with the Triton deck. Talking to a dealer who just dropped them they are a nightmare to work with anymore. I commend Hustler for the way they jumped on top of the problems some people were having with the XR7's and solved the problem, says alot about their company.