PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Hustler mowers

Prestige-Lawncare
10-27-2006, 12:40 PM
In comparison to what you have used ... how do you all feel about Hustler mowers? The good, the bad ... all your thoughts.

:weightlifter:

Prestige-Lawncare
10-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Opps ... where was this moved to?

:confused:

Woody82986
10-27-2006, 01:19 PM
I like My Hustler Mini Z. It runs well, cuts great. I used Grasshoppers when I worked for the local school district and I like them too. If I had to choose all over again, I would still choose Hustler.

jcltyson
10-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Hustler is as good as there is on the market. As a customer I can say, so far, they have stood behind their product. This is very important especially during the pressure times. A better question may be how good is your local dealer? Thats the interface you will be working with on a day to day basis.

ed2hess
10-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Based on the thread above there is a unit with blown engine and 1200HRS and nobody will give more than $600? So from a reliability standpoint there must be some concern, I wouldn't worry about a Scag if it had 1200 hrs on it.

grass disaster
10-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Based on the thread above there is a unit with blown engine and 1200HRS and nobody will give more than $600? So from a reliability standpoint there must be some concern, I wouldn't worry about a Scag if it had 1200 hrs on it.

or a kubota

lawncare4u
10-27-2006, 07:15 PM
:walking: Based on the thread above there is a unit with blown engine and 1200HRS and nobody will give more than $600? So from a reliability standpoint there must be some concern, I wouldn't worry about a Scag if it had 1200 hrs on it.

:walking: Huster-still sitting there/Kawasaki blown...has nothing to do with the blown engine,Don't Kawasaki's sit on the back of Scags also?So lets not put Hustler down because of a blown engine.That has a lot to do with who is in the drivers seat,and what there tring to do with it.I know people who think that you can bush hog with a mower.Now I have a 2004 HUSTLER SUPER Z 25HP 60'' DECK-AND I'LL PUT IT UP AGAINST ANYTHING ON THE MARKET ON PRODUCTIVTY!!!-:weightlifter: SUPER Z FOR ME :weightlifter:

Shady Brook
10-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Hustler Super Z's are fast and productive, especially on large properties. To me they are very manuverable due to their design, and the lack of dampning on the hydro's. They are well layed out from an engineering standpoint, are very heavily built. I love everything about them, but to me the cut is not the best. In the right conditions they cut well, but to me there are other machines on the market that will perform better from a cutting standpoint. I don't know to many machines that will cut more grass in a given time though.

They are good machines.

jcltyson
10-27-2006, 08:32 PM
I think all the major mower manufacturers offer a wide variety of engine types accross their line. Don't judge the mower by engine failure. Judge how it's handled if and when it occurs. A Kaw can pop just as quick as a Kohler, or CAT, or B&S, or Honda, etc. It can be mounted to the frame of any brand out there. And who knows the history of maintenance on the dead one.
Look at the frame construction, how the deck is put together, gauge of steel used, spindles, pump size, many many things to consider as well as engine variety. But most importantly whats the rep on your dealer. Is he difficult to deal with on warrenty repairs. Does he always start with, 'Well what did you do wrong !!' It's hard enough paying for these expensive pieces. I don't want to have to go to small claims court every time I have an incident reguarding warrenty. I want someone on my side for a change. You may consider the same.

jtkplc
10-27-2006, 08:56 PM
...there must be a few other people that like them also because Hustler's sales went up 28% this year while all other zero turn mowers went down. Quote taken from - http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=1577117&postcount=21

So if that's true then they must be doing something right and have a quality product that is one of the top few in the industry. All I have read about them is it's a top notch machine and should be highly considered.

gene gls
10-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Hustler is very high maintaince, if you work it every day, all day. I have to work on mine most every week. And a 25 HP, any brand engin, is not enough power for a 60" deck.

captken
10-27-2006, 09:48 PM

If that unit were close to me I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Put an engine in her and away I'd go. I wouldn't even consider placing a Hustler Z against a Skag. Not in the same ball park, maybe close, but no Cigar....
just my 2 cents.
kenny.

captken
10-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Hustler is very high maintaince, if you work it every day, all day. I have to work on mine most every week. And a 25 HP, any brand engin, is not enough power for a 60" deck.
What a crock! more power is better, but working on it most every week...?get a life!

ed2hess
10-28-2006, 06:45 PM
:walking:

:walking: Huster-still sitting there/Kawasaki blown...has nothing to do with the blown engine,Don't Kawasaki's sit on the back of Scags also?So lets not put Hustler down because of a blown engine.That has a lot to do with who is in the drivers seat,and what there tring to do with it.I know people who think that you can bush hog with a mower.Now I have a 2004 HUSTLER SUPER Z 25HP 60'' DECK-AND I'LL PUT IT UP AGAINST ANYTHING ON THE MARKET ON PRODUCTIVTY!!!-:weightlifter: SUPER Z FOR ME :weightlifter:
Not wanting to put the Hustler down I realize it was blown engine.. If that was a blown motor on a Scag I would definitely pay more than $600 for it. The unit has parts that are worth more than $600, they want nearly $200 for seat, a couple hundred for tires. Most of the responses on the thread today still indicates they won't pay anything for it....I don't get it?

puppypaws
10-28-2006, 07:31 PM
Not wanting to put the Hustler down I realize it was blown engine.. If that was a blown motor on a Scag I would definitely pay more than $600 for it. The unit has parts that are worth more than $600, they want nearly $200 for seat, a couple hundred for tires. Most of the responses on the thread today still indicates they won't pay anything for it....I don't get it?My Hustler Super Z has been flawless for 155 hrs., the 28 efi is by far the best engine I have owned on a Hustler, absolutely perfect in every aspect a mower engine should be. I would be buying a Hustler Super Z Monday morning if I needed another mower, the ride and handling is excellent especially with the flex forks (which they changed at 152 hrs. under warranty because they had weakened some) and once you get use to the speed it is impossible for me to mow with a slower machine. I have the 66" deck and it is almost scary how much you can mow in open areas in a couple of hours. My dealer spent last week at Cub Cadet and said they have a new zero turn mower with a steering wheel which I don't understand the reasoning for other than I guess you still have people scared of the steering levers. He carries a lot of different brands of zero turn mowers and he told me there was a lot of changes coming in that industry. The only thing I would want is maybe a 36 efi engine to be different from what I have now, but I am almost scared of another engine because the one I have is perfect, you can crank it up cold and idle it at the lowest rpm's and engage the blades and the motor want change sounds to even notice and set there and run perfectly with the blades barely turning. There are a lot of good mowers out there it is just a matter of finding a dealer to let you operate them in different conditions to see what suits you the best.

carlriv
10-28-2006, 08:03 PM
I own 3 Super z's 2 with the efi motor. I will not buy another brand of rider. I have had only minor problems. We work these hard and dont do the maintenace we should and they take it all...

Where is that one with the blown engine, I'll pay $600 for a super Z any day of the week.