PDA

View Full Version : Blow out kit for the 52" decks?

parkgt
10-27-2006, 02:16 PM
When is there going to be a solid answer on the availability of a blowout kit for the 52" decks on the Fastraks and Mini Z.

Is it not possible to design one?

Is it not economical for Hustler to manufacture one for all the owners that want or need one?

Can Hustler suggest a homemade remedy if they are not interested in solving this issue for their owners?

Huslter states that they are aggressively pursuing residential customers and this deck is about the most common for those with big yards. Where is the engineering support to solve this problem for this segment of their customer base?

I really like my new 52"/25 Super Mini Z. I just wish I could mow without being in a cloud of blowing dust and leaves. At times I can't even see the edgte of my deck.

ANY help would be appreciated, it doesn't have to be perfect!

mowerconsultant
10-30-2006, 07:54 AM
To my knowledge there still is not a blow out kit available and I am not aware of any plans to offer one, sorry.
I will ask around again and see what is being said.

Pj

Accu-cut Lawn Care
10-31-2006, 11:19 PM
Try mounting some rubber flaps to the front of the deck. They should drop down about 1 inch or less. Notch them about every three or four inches so that ground strikes will not lift the whole flap. Also, while mowing in dusty or leafy conditions, try to cut with the wind at your face and back... If it's coming in sideways, you'll get covered even with the "cleanest" of mowers.

parkgt
11-02-2006, 03:30 PM
When you say drop down one inch or less, do you mean to that height above the ground or that length hanging below the bottom edge of the deck?

How did you attach such rubber flaps to your deck?

mowerconsultant
11-06-2006, 10:15 AM
I believe he is talking about 1 inch from the bottom edge of the deck.

Pj

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-06-2006, 07:21 PM
When you say drop down one inch or less, do you mean to that height above the ground or that length hanging below the bottom edge of the deck?

How did you attach such rubber flaps to your deck?
1 inch from the bottom of the deck. I haven't ever had to do this with any of my mowers; but I'm almost 100 percent sure that it will help your blowout issues. By lowering the front edge of your deck, lift that is produced by the blades will pull more air in from the sides and back of your deck and minimize blowout from the front. When it comes to attaching them... that would best be left to you(I don't know what kind of tools you have access to). Just be sure to leave the height of it adjustable until you know what works best for you. And who knows, the flap will probably stripe some grass too. Let us know how it works when your done.