PDA

View Full Version : Which mower to buy?

RHK
10-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Evening! I'm very confused at this point in which mower to buy?. I will be using the mower 95% of the time in residential, going threw gates and narrow landscaping. These are the mowers I have looked at Dixie Chopper 34", Exmark Phazer 34", Scag Z-Cat 36", and Wright Sentar Sport 36". I'm leaning more to the Wright Sentar because you are able to sit or stand and after all day of mowing I'm sure my butt will be tired if using the other mowers. But the one thing that bothers me is that the dealer is about 30 miles away and there reliability. The other mower dealers are within 10 miles from my house, plus I see DC, Exmark, and Scag all over the place. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

RICHIE K
10-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Go with GRAVELY
:usflag:

Richie K

www.kulakandcompany.com

Lbilawncare
10-28-2006, 10:00 AM
We have a Dixie 34", cuts amazing ! Has a heart shaped deck so the blades overlap, cuts great backing up too. It destroys leaves and has plenty of power (ours has the Generac)

turfsolutions
10-28-2006, 10:01 AM
I bought my first Wright stander 2 years ago and my guys really like it compared to the Exmark rider. Its nice to have the option of sitting down and it has great handling in and out of tight spots. The only down side to the Wright is that it does tend to clump in wet conditions and the stripes are not as defined. Side by side the Wright is roughly 25% faster than the exmark which makes up for a lot. The new ones have quick height adjustments which is a big plus as well.

jtkplc
10-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Go with the Stander over the Sentar. But 30 miles away is too far for service and parts. Go with something close by.

RHK
10-28-2006, 01:48 PM
Everybody, Thanks for the replies! I think that having a dealer close by for service and parts, makes my decision easier. I will probably go with the Dixie Chopper 34" and as business increases pick-up a 52". Thanks Again!:)

tacoma200
10-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Go with the Stander over the Sentar. But 30 miles away is too far for service and parts. Go with something close by.
30 miles is nothing in many parts of the country. Wish I could find a decent dealer that close. There are some areas around here you have to go 40 miles to find a McDonalds. Not to mention the guys in Texas that might drive that far to get off the ranch. I guess if you are raised in a metropolitan area you just take for granted there is a dealer for what ever close by. No offense by this comment its just odd hearing people think 30 miles is a long way when for rural areas that's just how it is. Have a good one. Closest full service Exmark dealer 45 miles. Closest Huster dealer 80 miles. Closest certified Scag dealer 90 miles. John Deere 45 miles. Wright never seen one. Walker never seen one. Ferris 80 miles. You can buy mowers from feed stores or hardware stores closer but can they fix them?

Idealtim
10-28-2006, 02:39 PM
The exmark phaser is your answer IMO.

ed2hess
10-28-2006, 06:27 PM
We got our first Stander this year Sentar Sport and like it a lot. The reason it is better than the others is the lower profile and less likely to draw customer complaints. We moved from 36 Scag/Snapper Hydro WB to Sentar. We tried to use our Scag 48" ZTR on the fronts of these small residential and started getting complaints. Most dealer in our area aren't going to give walk up same day service so you have to drop it off......

J&R Landscaping
10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
I would go with the stander. It seems for your situation, it would be the best choice. How is this dealer for parts and service?