PDA

View Full Version : New Holland LS 170 Parking Brake

coxlandscaping
10-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Any one Ever Adjusted the Parking Brake on a LS 170 I can't find any Information on how to do it So I would appreciate any help Or if any one has pics or digram on the process All I get from my dealer is bring it in to us but it may be there a week or so and I can't be down that long :confused:

SinjonAssociates
10-29-2006, 01:50 PM
What seems to be happening when you engage the parking brake? is it the same when you remove your seatbelt or initially start the skid?

George
LS185.b

coxlandscaping
10-30-2006, 08:03 AM
When you put the parking brake on it will not hold the machine with the engine off When running nothing wrong with hydraulics no creeping forward/backward

SinjonAssociates
10-30-2006, 09:49 AM
I have searched for ideas but havent found any. My only suggestion and I have done this with my NH dealer is to set up an exact time for the service department to take a look at it. Does anyone know where one can source a service manual for NH, JD,Case and Bobcat?

George

mkrol
10-30-2006, 02:15 PM
I have an LS150 and have adjusted the parking brake. I'm not sure if the LS170 is similar or not. Basically it involves removing the parking brake operating lever from the shaft and rotating the lever on the shaft to the next spline. There are two levers, one on the left and one on the right. The levers are accessed from inside the cab with the seat up. Frankly it's kind of a pain, especially if you have large hands as there is not much room to work.

I have an LS150 service manual which shows the procedure. I'd be more than happy to provide the pages. E-mail me at mkrol@cac.net if interested. Mike

SinjonAssociates
10-30-2006, 03:10 PM
Is the parking brake a manual one or do you push a button as I do with my LS 185.b also where did you get the manual I would like to get one for myself?

George

coxlandscaping
10-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Sinjon, On our LS 170 the parking brake is manual in fact I have a buddy thats a contractor that has two LS 180s and there both manual parking brake so he is a little interested on the procedure also

SinjonAssociates
10-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Interesting, mine is electronically controlled!! Any I ideas on where I can get a shop manual? Thanks coxlandsaping.
George

coxlandscaping
10-30-2006, 08:37 PM
No I have been trying to find one my self but I will let you know if i can find out

dirthog
10-31-2006, 07:31 PM
Looked in the service manual at work it says to adjust the linkage on both sides where the springs are on same parking brake on that machine is a dry disk. there is one spring on each side follow the linkage down to it you have to remove one end of linkage to adjust it