PDA

View Full Version : Still had 15 accounts to mow today and .....

Rons Rightway Lawncare
10-27-2006, 11:33 PM
It has been raining ALL FREAKING DAY LONG!!! still raining right now ( hard! ) and windy too.

I might have to skip out on these lawns till Monday as tomorrow it will be way too wet to mow most of them. Not to mention that most of them have not been cut since I aerated and reseeded back at the beginning of October!

I know I should have people on contracts, but I don't... I work by the cut and this means no income sitting here on my duff here screwing around on the internet!:cry:

To make matters worse, I have been SICK as a dog since last night, I am talking fever.... I am cold and shivering, and then a few minutes later I am burning up and sweating.

Icing on the cake was the trip to the county tax appraisers office to pay the Property tax on my new Isuzu Cab Over - 785$$$$ :dizzy: - then on to the DMV to get tags - Another 435$ :cry: :cry: :cry: including the sales tax.

Also had to get a new title for my old Landscape trailer. I know I listed Charlotte NC as where I live, but truthfully I live about a mile south of Charlotte in Fort Mill South Carolina - easier to tell people I live in Charlotte since most people know where that is, no one knows where the heck Fort Mill is! - Anyway, in SC you do not have to register, tag, or do anything with smaller trailers, so I had never done anything with it title wise since I bought it new in 2003.

I sold the trailer to the owner of the lawnmower shop I buy all my stuff from and he is in NC and needed a clear title to get tags for it. Since the original MSO was signed over to me, I had to go to the DMV and pay sales tax and apply for a new title so I could sign it over to him.

I drove the 25 miles in the pouring down rain - with a Fever - to the DMV and they took my money and gave me plates for the Isuzu, but since I had no bill of sale on the trailer with me, they would not give me a new title. :hammerhead: So I had to drive all the way home, dig through my folders to find the reciept where I bought it, and drive all the way back to get the paperwork done. Cost for that was 85$

Oh Well, bored... sick... Can't sleep.... Felt like venting

MMLawn
10-28-2006, 12:09 AM
\ Also had to get a new title for my old Landscape trailer. I know I listed Charlotte NC as where I live, but truthfully I live about a mile south of Charlotte in Fort Mill South Carolina - easier to tell people I live in Charlotte since most people know where that is, no one knows where the heck Fort Mill is! - Anyway, in SC you do not have to register, tag, or do anything with smaller trailers, so I had never done anything with it title wise since I bought it new in 2003.

I sold the trailer to the owner of the lawnmower shop I buy all my stuff from and he is in NC and needed a clear title to get tags for it. Since the original MSO was signed over to me, I had to go to the DMV and pay sales tax and apply for a new title so I could sign it over to him.
.... Felt like venting

You got bad information then and you should see if you can't get your money back. I have bought many trailers from states that didn't use titles or tags including SC and then licensed them here in NC. By NC state law ALL you had to do was provide him with a copy of the sales receipt/bill for sale where you originally purchased it (the MSO would work for that) and then provide him with a Notorized Bill of Sale for his purchase from you and that's all he would have needed to go to NC DMV and get his title and tags. He would also have to pay Road Use tax of 3% (Sales tax as you called it).

Rons Rightway Lawncare
10-28-2006, 12:32 AM
I know, I thought the same thing, but my dealer I sold it to wanted a fresh title, and I owe him that. He has given me stuff at his cost, given me expensive parts on the house - Scag replacement deck belt free of charge! - and he always drops what they are doing in the shop to service me and get me out cutting asap. So I figured I would just do it to make him happy.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
10-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Mike, do you live around Charlotte? If that is you in your Avatar, I think I have seen you before around here....

WJW Lawn
10-28-2006, 12:39 AM
If thats Mike in his avatar...then Mike is doin a little acting on the side...lol That dude is from the Sopranos...don't think you've seen him around Charlotte. lol

Rons Rightway Lawncare
10-28-2006, 12:44 AM
If thats Mike in his avatar...then Mike is doin a little acting on the side...lol That dude is from the Sopranos...don't think you've seen him around Charlotte. lol

I have never watched that show, so I wouldn't know!

Oh well, there is a guy that looks something like that here in Charlotte Area cutting grass. Seen him a lawnmower shops and at Lesco.

MMLawn
10-28-2006, 08:49 AM
Mike, do you live around Charlotte? If that is you in your Avatar, I think I have seen you before around here....

Naw I'm in Greensboro but we do work in the Charlotte area so you may have seen our trucks/trailers running around over there.

rodfather
10-28-2006, 09:11 AM
All the trailers (new) that we have purchased over the years come with what is called a "Certificate of Origin". In NJ, if you purchase a used trailer, a photo of it will do when you go and register it at DMV for plates.

Dstosh
10-28-2006, 10:13 AM
Try having it rain for three weeks. Almost every day since columbus day. It sucks

DuallyVette
10-28-2006, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE=Rons Rightway Lawncare]It has been raining ALL FREAKING DAY LONG!!! still raining right now ( hard! ) and windy too.

I might have to skip out on these lawns till Monday as tomorrow it will be way too wet to mow most of them. Not to mention that most of them have not been cut since I aerated and reseeded back at the beginning of October!

I know I should have people on contracts, but I don't... I work by the cut and this means no income sitting here on my duff here screwing around on the internet!:cry:

I'm in Charlotte too (Mint Hill NC) Charging per cut would put me in the poor house real quick. I've been in this business here since 1978. We've always had year round agreements. Some of you young guys are messing thing up. If we do a per cut or one time job, it is much more expesive.