PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Removal but not with the (cyclone rake)

madmax
10-28-2006, 09:20 AM
The other day I called to buy a cyclone rake. The person I spoke with, told me it would be at least 3 weeks to get one. Over two weeks to fill the order and than shipping. She told me that as soon as one leaf falls, all the lawn people call and want one, and well to get one I would have to call in Sept. I got the feeling that a 2000.00 sale just did matter to her. This company seems to spend a lot of money advertizing the product, I think they need to spend more money on shipping and customer service. I am always surprised at the lact of customer service I see in todays businesses.
Anyway, does anyone know of other companys that sell the same kind of product that might want my business...

QualityLawnCare4u
10-28-2006, 09:24 AM
I bet I can tell you this persons name too!:laugh: One I talked with was rude when I bought one and was even ruder when I sent it back! I will say though they do honor their guarantee.

jcb287
10-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Madmax,
Not sure about your location,but there is one on ebay right now with 2 days left................:)

grass_cuttin_fool
10-28-2006, 12:48 PM
I got good and fast service on my CR, but I also ordered back in August and I know that was a slow time for them then.

wayne

brudot
10-28-2006, 01:04 PM
I tried to buy a generator just after Katrina and couldn't find anyone that could deliver one. I did buy a CR last month and got it in a week and received very friendly service.

John Gamba
10-28-2006, 02:56 PM
The other day I called to buy a cyclone rake. The person I spoke with, told me it would be at least 3 weeks to get one. Over two weeks to fill the order and than shipping. She told me that as soon as one leaf falls, all the lawn people call and want one, and well to get one I would have to call in Sept. I got the feeling that a 2000.00 sale just did matter to her. This company seems to spend a lot of money advertizing the product, I think they need to spend more money on shipping and customer service. I am always surprised at the lact of customer service I see in todays businesses.
Anyway, does anyone know of other companys that sell the same kind of product that might want my business...

drpower.com it has a chipper.

Chuckie
10-28-2006, 03:40 PM

:laugh: Just a bit of advice, If you are looking to buy a good snowblower, order it now, not the day after we get hit with our first good snowstorm.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ordered my cyclone rake before the leaves fell. Very friendly service. :dancing:

Runner
10-28-2006, 03:56 PM
I bet if the owner of Woodland Products (Cyclone Rake) saw this thread, he would have one sent out to you in less than a week, AND be looking into his "weakest link" in public relations.

Chuckie
10-28-2006, 04:03 PM
I bet if the owner of Woodland Products (Cyclone Rake) saw this thread, he would have one sent out to you in less than a week, AND be looking into his "weakest link" in public relations.

Or it could by like our business..........well I know it should only cost you 2400 dollars.......but for 5000 maybe i could move you to the front of the line...... but in actuality....most of us seasoned vetrans would take care of our core base of customers first and then just put the newcomers in line as the phone rings.......first come first serve

DixieFerris
10-28-2006, 06:48 PM
You are blaming the makers of Cyclone Rake for having a delay in shipping when you ordered during the busiest time? Hello? McFly? Sounds to me like poor planning on your part and you are trying to blame others for your failure. I bought my Cyclones (2) over the past two years, each in July to have time to prepare, that's called a business plan. Try asking Harry and David to send your fruit basket in one day at Christmas while you are at it, come on man think a little! Get the rake too, it's awesome

LarryF
10-28-2006, 07:14 PM

"The other day" you said. You should have ordered it when you were talking to them and if you had, in a couple of more days you would have only a 2-week wait. And it seems to me that would be lightning fast considering the load the CR personnel must be under at this time of the year. I've had very good experience with them. QualityLawnCare4u claims they were rude in his dealings with him, but I found doing business with them to be a pleasure. They bent over backwards, so to speak, to take care of the small problems I encountered.

And if you are looking for an alternate to the Cyclone Rake that functions as well and at comparable price, lot of luck. I seriously doubt that one exists.

Rickco
10-28-2006, 08:42 PM
I bought my CR last summer. After ordering and watching the dvd I decided to take a ride down one rainy day It's only 2 hrs away. They were great and I decided to buy it. After adding all the upgrades I wanted they said thet they were sorry it was to late for me to get it that day! They were so sorry that i couldnt get it until the next day. So I drove back down the next day and came home with it,as one very satisfied customer!

madmax
10-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Well DixieFerris, It seems that you are an authority on how to run a business.

madmax
10-28-2006, 10:04 PM
You are blaming the makers of Cyclone Rake for having a delay in shipping when you ordered during the busiest time? Hello? McFly? Sounds to me like poor planning on your part and you are trying to blame others for your failure. I bought my Cyclones (2) over the past two years, each in July to have time to prepare, that's called a business plan. Try asking Harry and David to send your fruit basket in one day at Christmas while you are at it, come on man think a little! Get the rake too, it's awesomeWell Mardy, It seems that you are an authority on how to run a business. Maybe you should call CR and give them advice. By the way the person was rude and really did want my business. They sell an item that has a seasonal value and should expect to get busy at this time. When someone calls you in the spring and there grass is going, do you tell them every time the grass starts going all you home owners start calling me wanting me to take care of your yard. It will take three weeks, you should have called while the snow was still on the ground...
Its not the shipping, its the attitude of the company.

Chuckie
10-28-2006, 10:17 PM
They sell an item that has a seasonal value and should expect to get busy at this time. When someone calls you in the spring and there grass is going, do you tell them every time the grass starts going all you home owners start calling me wanting me to take care of your yard. It will take three weeks, you should have called while the snow was still on the ground...
Its not the shipping, its the attitude of the company.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You are blaming CR for the same thing that you are doing. In the spring <----seasonal value of work..... you have planned and expect to be busy. In the fall<-----seasonal value of work if you planning on doing lots of leaves.....you still should have planned for this work and expect to be busy. So you are mad at CR for not being ramped up and ready to deliver in a few days, but its ok for you not to be ready for these leaves that you oh so want this CR to clean for you. Poor planning on your part as much as there part I guess. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The bottom line, you may have just caught someone at a bad time in customer service. The CR is a good unit, and I would have just ordered it and waited. Now you lost another week looking for a different angle to get this work that you should have been ready to do. And if you did find a better way, You cant beat the 6 month return policy. You could have cancelled before they even shipped. JMO

Jay Ray
10-28-2006, 10:19 PM
I called about about five weeks ago and ordered the "power baggers," the six folding containers that can be placed inside the main bag. The gal was nice, said everybody was working overtime, and the shipment came fast.

btw, I don't like the "power baggers" too much. Hard to get in and out of the main bag, but maybe haven't found the trick to it yet. Haven't started leaves yet, but bagged a half acre of grass just to see how the containers worked.

DixieFerris
10-29-2006, 10:10 PM
MadMax, if you came across to the customer service rep the way you are coming across on here, I think I can tell why she gave you an attitude...remember treat people the way you want to be treated, one of those 'golden rules' you should try and live by