PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Whistling Dixie

ccl
10-28-2006, 11:20 AM
Just curious about the Dixie Choppers, never hear anyone talk about them anymore. Are they just complete junk now days? They used to have a decent mower, I know they had alot of problems when they switched to a different deck back in 01' or 02'. I've never owned one, there where things I didn't like about the design, such as, deck floatation and the way the anti-scalp wheels are set up, the center of gravity and seat height. Just curious if they have done any revamping to their mowers recently like most of the other manufactures have done recently.

DBL
10-28-2006, 11:56 AM
have an 05 60' and we love it it strips nice my only complaint is how it handles on hills tend to slip and slide more than the exmarks

Island LawnScapes
10-28-2006, 06:07 PM
I have the 05 Flatlander 50 inch, only ever had one problem with this machine in the nearly two years that it has been in service, a broken brake cable. I is lousy at holding on a slope but you work around that. As far as the operation of the machine, it is all in what you become familiar with. It is not the best looking machine on the market by any means but I bought it for the simplicity factor, only on safety switch and no electric pto, it just performs and that translates to more profits which is why we are doing this in the first place.

DBL
10-28-2006, 06:15 PM
I have the 05 Flatlander 50 inch, only ever had one problem with this machine in the nearly two years that it has been in service, a broken brake cable. I is lousy at holding on a slope but you work around that. As far as the operation of the machine, it is all in what you become familiar with. It is not the best looking machine on the market by any means but I bought it for the simplicity factor, only on safety switch and no electric pto, it just performs and that translates to more profits which is why we are doing this in the first place.

we also had the brake cable snap and one belt

ccl
10-28-2006, 10:14 PM
How's the cut quality on these Dixie's now? Do you have to do any double cutting because of stringers. Is the clipping dispersal pretty wide spread? I basically mow nothing but fescue here and alot of crabgrass.

DBL
10-29-2006, 01:19 AM
only had to double cut for a few weeks when it was growing like crazy adn we couldnt keep on top of it and it throws it very good the hiogher the blades the better but its alright and it stripes awesome like i said

TJLANDS
10-29-2006, 09:12 AM
Dixie still makes a good mower. They have been the only ZTRs I have bought in the last 10 years.