PDA

View Full Version : Question for Envy

ccl
10-29-2006, 12:06 AM
I know your a Lesco owner and seem to be very pleased with it's performance. I know the Lesco's and the Cub Tanks are the same mower, in 05' the Cub's came out with a wide trak version that had a wider wheel base, and from what I can tell have went solely to that wide trak version on all of their large frame Tank models. Was wondering if you might know are the Lesco's going to be offered with this wider wheel base version?

Envy Lawn Service
10-29-2006, 12:23 AM
I know your a Lesco owner and seem to be very pleased with it's performance. I know the Lesco's and the Cub Tanks are the same mower, in 05' the Cub's came out with a wide trak version that had a wider wheel base, and from what I can tell have went solely to that wide trak version on all of their large frame Tank models. Was wondering if you might know are the Lesco's going to be offered with this wider wheel base version?

Well, in '05 there was supposed to be a "Wide Track" Ztwo with the 28hp Generac engine. I saw it be listed on lesco.com right after I bought, and then it vanished into thin air. I posted some links to it here and I believe the page still exists through that link, but is otherwise hidden.

However, that mower never did get released as far as I know. The wide track was a big consideration for me and I would have paid my local Cub dealer thousands more for his wide track 60" if he would have let me demo and also not been a total JERK about the request.

What I found out is that it might help on slopes, but it's not needed to do better than most ZTR's. But I do think it would help even more. In the end though, my theory is that it would actually be more helpful in turning and kindness to the turf than anything.

I don't have any 2006 Lesco ZTR's and I do not know if they adopted the wide track for '06 or not. I do know they did go to the new "topside" mounted hydro pumps and new hydro system. Also a not-needed thing. But anyways, it would make sense to me that they did, so they would be more streamlined in manufacturing.

I will be going to Lesco next week though for the first time in forever.
So I will be checking into this for myself and I will let you know my findings.

ccl
10-29-2006, 12:40 AM
I also noticed that the Cub's went to a bigger hydro pump (12l BDP) and increased ground speed. Do you know if Lesco made these changes too? Also, do you have a clue as to what the blade tip speed is on these mowers?

Envy Lawn Service
10-29-2006, 12:59 AM
I also noticed that the Cub's went to a bigger hydro pump (12l BDP) and increased ground speed. Do you know if Lesco made these changes too? Also, do you have a clue as to what the blade tip speed is on these mowers?

Yeah, as far as I know they did. I'll find out for sure next week. But I fugure they did since they went to the topside relocation mounting and changed the rest of the system. Even if they didn't I don't know if this will equate to any "real" difference in speed or performance. I'm using the BDP 10's and this thing is FAST. I think it already runs the 'increased ground speed'.

As for the blade tip speed... I don't think it is advertised. But it is FAST also. Probably right at 19,000 fpm from what I can tell. If you hop on one and engage the blades, you can literally hear the blade speed, and you'll know what I mean when I say when you hear it too.

One other big note to make is that these decks have HUGE blade overlap in comparison to others. Like 1.5" or more between the blades. My 60" runs three 21" long blades.