PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Scrubs.... Seriously!!!

geogunn
10-29-2006, 01:28 AM
ok, ok...I know the "S" word is not what we should be posting about.

but the usual "LAWN SCRUB" thread is not what I am talking about.

what I am talking about is wearing "scrubs"!

here is the rest of the story...tonight I went to a costume party and I went wearing "scrubs" as a doctor of sorts.

and man! are these things comfy!

so I wonder if anyone has considered wearing them while doing lawn care?

I mean you could do all kinds of "LAWN DOCTOR" slogan stuff...and wear real comfy "scrubs" while you are doing the work!

BTW...I went to the party as a gynecologist...and my lovely spousal unit wasn't too happy when I offered free private exams to the ladies in attendance.....

and what made it worse is they started forming a line..........:nono:

GEO :drinkup:

sheshovel
10-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Did you carry a speculum and mini mag light in your pocket too?

geogunn
10-29-2006, 01:41 AM
Did you carry a speculum and mini mag light in your pocket too?

yes. worked like a charm.

GEO

Envy Lawn Service
10-29-2006, 02:35 AM
Yeah... matter of fact I sure have... LOL.

My daughter was born by c-section... and I got the full "scrub" getup for going into the surgery room with my wife. I took that stuff home and I wore it for PJ's for years. Dang comfortable.

I never did find an idea as to how to integrate that as uniform gear for lawn work... but sure did think about it. I just can't 'dig' the V-necks... that was my catch-point.

K.Carothers
10-29-2006, 02:54 AM
Hey geo, you need help or laid.

stick with the fishing.

kc

crawdad
10-29-2006, 06:49 AM
You should have worn your badge with the outfit.

"I'm a gynecologist for the FBI! Up against the wall, and spread 'em!"

But seriously, folks, what happened to the wearing of scary outfits? Why don't people wear scary stuff any more?

noseha
10-29-2006, 07:29 AM
ya why do'nt you hear flip flops too.

lawnguyland
10-29-2006, 07:50 AM
Some scrubs are good, some srcubs are baaaaaad.

rodfather
10-29-2006, 08:13 AM
LMAO, there's something wrong with you GEO. :laugh:

Actually I remember some years ago about the topic of wearing scrubs in lawn and landscaping work being posted.

stumper1620
10-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Geo,
When my daughter was in high school i didn't think she would ever give up blue jeans, now that she is in nursing school, she wont get rid of the scrubs, always talking about how comfortable they are. now she got my wife a couple sets and this is turning into quite the scrub house. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

surgeon83
10-29-2006, 09:38 AM
I mean you could do all kinds of "LAWN DOCTOR" slogan stuff...

Hey, that was going to be my idea! Except it would be based on my degree instead of my attire.

Of course it would be rather embarrassing if I were to show up to give a bid and meet one of my patients...

olderthandirt
10-29-2006, 10:01 AM
Hey, that was going to be my idea! Except it would be based on my degree instead of my attire.

Of course it would be rather embarrassing if I were to show up to give a bid and meet one of my patients...

You can't possibly be a surgeon

And if you are why the heck can't you keep a scheduled appointment time and think you can run another business

stumper1620
10-29-2006, 10:04 AM

And if you are why the heck can't you keep a scheduled appointment time and think you can run another business
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I know your right Mac! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

geogunn
10-29-2006, 10:41 AM
LMAO, there's something wrong with you GEO. :laugh:

thanks for the affirmation ROD...actually I am hearing that quite alot lately!

GEO :laugh:

surgeon83
10-29-2006, 02:19 PM

You're right. I'm actually a medical student and won't even have my MD for 19 months. So no, I can't call myself "Lawn Dr." for the time being. Actually my original post reads in future tense. I do plan on getting a residency in surgery though.

I'm not sure where you're going with your second statement. If you are indicating that I won't have time for both, that seems realistic. I just hope I can get myself into a team practice and get at least a couple of days off each week. I could mow on a ZTR, which would be easy on the hands, and hire helpers to do the rest.

Hope you rake in lots of money with leaf cleanups this fall.

Brian

PS- I've been using my screen name since 2000 (on other sites) as I have long aspired to that career. Just to clear up any misunderstanding.

Runner
10-29-2006, 02:25 PM
Well, we DO have a dentist among us that cuts lawns! I haven't seen him around for awhile, but he must be SOMEwhere... Where HAS he been,..does anybody know?

olderthandirt
10-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Well, we DO have a dentist among us that cuts lawns! I haven't seen him around for awhile, but he must be SOMEwhere... Where HAS he been,..does anybody know?

Maybe he figured out that his education in dentistry pay far more than his skill at mowing. :rolleyes:

mike lane lawn care
10-29-2006, 07:37 PM
i have thought about asking my mom to bring home a few from the hospital, they might work well for poison ivy.

DBL
10-29-2006, 07:43 PM
im gonna need to get me a pair

EGL&L
10-30-2006, 07:13 AM
We use scrub pants for string trimming. While not thick enough to protect from the larger debris, they do keep you clean and provide for good air flow.
Good air flow is sometimes needed after a lunch serving of Chili.