PDA

View Full Version : Very upset

plantzpropertymanagement
10-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Well i got my new dixie chopper which is a fine mower, but i got the vortex bagger for it and let me tell you it sucks. It does not do a very good job it does not have very good suction like they claim its powered by a third pully on the deck which in my opinion bogs the engine down. And theres a air flow department in the back that shoots little leaves out the back which leaves a mess behind you and its not a easy task to remove this thing. Im going to take it back and get a regular bagger for it please let me know if any of you guys have this vortex bagger and what your thouights are on it. oh yeah and its so big and heavy in the back that the front end wants to lift up off the ground even with the weight on the front.

punk_rockin2001
10-29-2006, 11:52 AM
I don't own the vortex, but I just bought a Dixie and was thinking about the vortex. Where are the leaves blowing out on the back? Is something loose or is it a flaw in the design. I was quoted $2500 for the vortex, and there better not be a spec of anything left over for that price. Also, are you using the X blades? I used the X blade set up for a few weeks but I thought that it actually had too much suction. The grass would discharge 20 feet or more, and thats just too much. But it did suck the leaves up and everything else in its way.

plantzpropertymanagement
10-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah there is a air flow thing in the back of it that starts from the bottom and goes all the way to the top when you mow it does shoot out mulched leaves. And it does not suck as good as it looks and it is way to big i would go with a regular bagger cause with this thing you cant dump it in the back of your truck as with a regular bagger for the price its not worth it.

MOOSE
10-29-2006, 01:12 PM
I have one and it works great. Holds alot of crap. No problems with blowout, only if it's full. Did you try to lower your baffles on your mower. The blowout on the back maybe cuz your missing something. Good Luck!

plantzpropertymanagement
10-29-2006, 04:42 PM
you sure you dont have a air flow in the back were it opens up at? look under it where it opens at. what are baffles?

MOOSE
10-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Baffles are whats on front of the deck. bolts holding them on, u can raise and lower them to cut down on blowout. On front of deck.

And no opening on back of deck to allow airflow out.