PDA

View Full Version : plow frame mounted vac, anyone have good pics?

seacoastlandscape
10-29-2006, 02:31 PM
I'll be mounting my vac to a plow frame this coming week and just wanted to get some good visuals of how people have fabricated theres. Thanks

cantoo
10-29-2006, 05:54 PM
What size of vac do you have? I have a 11 hp mounted into a 2" receiver on the front of my truck. It works good and the weight is not an issue. I have it mounted on the passenger side so the hose doesn't interfere with my vision. It doesn't stick out as far as it would on a plow mount either. It sticks out almost 3' as it is.

seacoastlandscape
10-29-2006, 06:49 PM
its an older giant vac 16 hp so I think it is way to heavy to mount on just a reciever although that would be the simplest way everyone i have talked to suggested going with a plow frame.

cantoo
10-29-2006, 09:40 PM
seacoast, keep in mind that the plow mount will mount onto the frame the same way you would mount the receiver. Mine is bolted to the frame the same as a plow mount you just need to make sure you use heavy enough steel for the weight. Try to keep it as close to the bumper as possible.

mcwlandscaping
10-29-2006, 09:43 PM
what kind of plow mounts are you running on your truck? fisher..boss...western...?

seacoastlandscape
10-30-2006, 06:34 AM
I know the receiver will bolt to the frame in a somewhat similar way but the front hitches are only rated to hold 500 pounds, which I'm sure it can hold more but the last thing I want to do is get 2 weeks into the season and run over my own vac. By mounting it on a plow frame I will have to points to distribute the weight much more evenly as well.

I haven't bought the plow frame yet sometime withing the next few days because Im debating on which one to get a minute mount which will require more fabrication but will be helpful if I ever decide to by the blade for it or the traditional style that from what the dealership said was what most guys used to fab a vac mount from because it requires much less fab. But either way it will most likely be a fisher.