PDA

View Full Version : How much do you personally make a year?

MJK
10-29-2006, 03:49 PM
After you pay your suppliers, workers, insurance, payments and taxes, how much do you take home at the end of the year?

Marc

cedarcroft
10-29-2006, 05:04 PM
I am not familiar with that term "take home"

olderthandirt
10-29-2006, 05:12 PM
After you pay your suppliers, workers, insurance, payments and taxes, how much do you take home at the end of the year?

Marc

Asking for a little too personal info and what makes you believe anyone would post the true amounts.

Also it would vary and could vary widly from yr to yr.
If you do snow and have a good yr it can add over 6 figures for some, If you only do hardscape it will vary from solo to employees to the # of commercial vrs. residential.

PerfiCut L&L
10-29-2006, 05:33 PM
whats the minimum wage again? :hammerhead:

6'7 330
10-29-2006, 05:38 PM
Enough, a tad better then minimum wage .As MAC suggested, many variables exist year to year, different biz structures etc. And our complete picture is plowing, maintenance, landscaping and hardscapes.Many variables.

sheshovel
10-29-2006, 05:40 PM
Yes a bit too personal for me to answer.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
10-29-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey Marc,

That is a pretty personal question. As many have said there are to many variables, and it is not so cut and dry.

If the question that you are really looking to have answered is: Can you make a living doing this? Then the answer would be yes.

Does it usually happen within the first couple of years in business? No, not usually. It is possible but not probable.

Lipinski and Josephs, two very large companies in our area, started off very small. Lipinski is like number 5 in the nation (I think) in snow removal. Stephen Joseph went to high school with my brother- in- law. He started with a push mower in the back of his pick up. He now runs a multi-million dollar biz.

I know that this isn't exactly what you asked, but I hope that it helps.:)

Just take the time to learn from people like: Mac, Bill, She, Rod, etc., and that will help you to get where you want to be in a timely fashion.

Dirty Water
10-29-2006, 08:26 PM
Last year I took home a hair over 9 million.

Then the bank called and asked me to stop writing bad checks.

Planet Landscaping
10-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Pick a # 1-3 and add _00,000:weightlifter: Your in the ballpark

tthomass
10-29-2006, 09:18 PM
i only cover my normal expenses...........rent and credit card really

the rest i invest in the company

MJK
10-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Pick a # 1-3 and add _00,000:weightlifter: Your in the ballpark

WOW!:drinkup:

dcgreenspro
10-29-2006, 10:43 PM
"100 million dollars" -Dr. Evil

RockSet N' Grade
10-30-2006, 01:58 AM
The question of how much money you make is the wrong angle to approach anything with. Yes, you can make a good living or a small fortune or nothing...

The key is to find something you like to do and can be passionate about......the money will follow. No matter what field you choose, if you choose that field because of the money you think you can make.....you have set your self up for dissapointment, maybe not in the short run, but in the long run.

I "choose" to do the type of work I do. I love the process, the creativity, the equipment, the idea of being a small buiness owner......all the possibilities and challenges. If I did not like what I am doing, I would quit this and follow some other path.

CROCODILE
10-30-2006, 11:18 AM
The question of how much money you make is the wrong angle to approach anything with. Yes, you can make a good living or a small fortune or nothing...

The key is to find something you like to do and can be passionate about......the money will follow. No matter what field you choose, if you choose that field because of the money you think you can make.....you have set your self up for dissapointment, maybe not in the short run, but in the long run.

I "choose" to do the type of work I do. I love the process, the creativity, the equipment, the idea of being a small buiness owner......all the possibilities and challenges. If I did not like what I am doing, I would quit this and follow some other path.

I agree with that, do what gives you the most happiness. IMHO, money is not the only thing that reflects success...

ED'S LAWNCARE
10-30-2006, 01:20 PM
As long as I'm still working, not enough

BCF
11-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Too much, according to the general public and bids I do not win, yet not enough according to me, myself, and I.

taproot
11-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Funny how you want everyone elses bottom line but dont tell us yours. Worry about yourself. Focus on your potential not what everyone has worked or not worked for. The number difference if everyone was actually honest and open to tell you would be so far different. There is no (true) average of what we all make in this industry. What you could make is what you are willing to work for.

Mike33
11-04-2006, 10:36 PM
This was a bad idea of a thread.
Mike

mbella
11-04-2006, 11:04 PM
I can honestly say, I don't make enough. I make just above minimum wage and I'm not kidding.

Mike33
11-05-2006, 09:53 AM
Funny how you want everyone elses bottom line but dont tell us yours. Worry about yourself. Focus on your potential not what everyone has worked or not worked for. The number difference if everyone was actually honest and open to tell you would be so far different. There is no (true) average of what we all make in this industry. What you could make is what you are willing to work for.
Thats a very good post i could not agree more. Yes i do well or i wouldnt be doing it. Also i paid my dues real hard in the early years. I work hard and long hours and mostly rewarding is it any ones elses concern. Hell no:hammerhead:
Mike

cedarcroft
11-05-2006, 08:08 PM
BTW, I know guys who make millions in this business and I know guys who make $500 a week. its a great industry because it is truly your choice to determine your income level.

BeautifulBlooms
11-05-2006, 11:58 PM
dont forget to pay yourself. If all you do is grow the business without pulling out what you need for now and later (retirement) you will own the business until you are physically unable to do any work. Make sure to save for retirement so that you can sell your company whenever you are ready to.

MJK
11-06-2006, 07:12 PM
I make an extra 600-800 per week doing this on the side. I work for a Landscape construction company. I make 500-700 per week there. I just wanted to get an idea of how to pay yourself once you get an overhead. I just rent everything now and do most of the work myself. Almost all profit.

wriken
11-06-2006, 08:27 PM
I have to say I make a mininum of 25000, for my worker comp, so I guess that answers the ?

Dawsy
11-23-2006, 03:22 PM
Apparently this is a touchy subject, not to sure why? does it really matter if other people know how well you're doing? do you think your income reflects your intelligence? or is it just a jealously thing or something? who cares folks.....I guess I dont get it. I dont have a problem talking about money, its not a secret but thats just me.

indy2tall
11-23-2006, 04:34 PM
I am independently wealthy, I just cut grass because I love the smell of fresh cut pot.... I mean grass. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: