PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Business Plan

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
10-29-2006, 05:30 PM
How many are already working on their 2007 business plan?

I know that this year is not yet over, but we have already started our planning for the 2007 season.

It is amazing how much your business can change from year to year. We have already made some pretty drastic changes that are going to have a major impact for next year.

gqnine44
10-29-2006, 05:52 PM
like what?

Uranus
10-29-2006, 06:06 PM
I got some ideas that I'm working on to expand. Mostly services that I can should offer and be doing already. I'm going to send out a thank you letter and inform 2006 customers about the new services that I will be offering for 2007. I know for a fact that I'm buying a 60" dixie extreme and bringing in a helper for 07. I'm also working on new business cards and advertising fliers that will be sent out in the mail. No more door to door for me. 06 has been great for me (I'm solo), for 07 I'm shooting for 50% growth and a little more free time for myself.

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
10-29-2006, 06:07 PM
One of the biggest things that we did was looked at our numbers to really get a grasp of the big picture. We noticed that we were paying an absorbent amount for insurance. I have always been one to make sure that we were properly insured. However, after having a meeting with our insurance guy we realized that we were definitely over insured. We were able to cut almost $2,500 off of our insurance costs.

The next thing that we looked at is that we are carrying to much back up equipment. This stuff takes up shop space, and if you are not making money with it than it really doesn't make much sense.

The next thing that we looked at was our routes. We saw were we had some holes in some of our routes and have been working on tightening up our routes.

We have been looking at our marketing campaigns to look at what has been working for us, and what hasn't so that we can tweak it.

That is just to mention a few things. We have a lot more brainstorming to do, and planning. However, we feel that we are making moves in the right direction.

jsf343
10-30-2006, 12:29 AM
One of the biggest things that we did was looked at our numbers to really get a grasp of the big picture. We noticed that we were paying an absorbent amount for insurance. I have always been one to make sure that we were properly insured. However, after having a meeting with our insurance guy we realized that we were definitely over insured. We were able to cut almost $2,500 off of our insurance costs.

The next thing that we looked at is that we are carrying to much back up equipment. This stuff takes up shop space, and if you are not making money with it than it really doesn't make much sense.

The next thing that we looked at was our routes. We saw were we had some holes in some of our routes and have been working on tightening up our routes.

We have been looking at our marketing campaigns to look at what has been working for us, and what hasn't so that we can tweak it.

That is just to mention a few things. We have a lot more brainstorming to do, and planning. However, we feel that we are making moves in the right direction.

Thats great insight on whats going on "within your walls" Many of the things you mentioned are some of the issues I will be looking at, especially the routes. For us we have a couple long drive times=wasted gas, wage,time
and $$$$$$$$$!!!:hammerhead: I will either sell those accounts or try to add more of a presence within those areas.

Classified
10-30-2006, 12:45 AM
I am working on my first one. My dad owns a lawn care business and he is getting older and will be discontinuing his services next year. I will be picking a bunch of them up as well as adding my own brought in by advertising.

This will be my first start up company so I want to do it right by starting with a plan.

I have been lurking this site for some months now and hopefully will have a lot to contribute soon enough.

You all are a great resource!

rodfather
10-30-2006, 05:51 AM
I do ours in January...I need our year end numbers to do it properly.

noseha
10-30-2006, 06:42 AM
i'm looking at one more full time person. I grew by over 30% this year ''06'' and looking at 20% for ''07''. which would be about it for my local area. now i may have to run some aids to get the out of town work but I may be a lawncare consulate selling all my accts. to one person and still working as a consulate with her leasing my equipment. with me doing all maintenance. it something up in the air. with me keeping my winter plowing and shoveling accts.winter watch accts. and driveway sealing side of things

stumper1620
10-30-2006, 06:54 AM
i'm looking at one more full time person. I grew by over 30% this year ''06'' and looking at 20% for ''07''. which would be about it for my local area. now i may have to run some aids to get the out of town work but I may be a lawncare consulate selling all my accts. to one person and still working as a consulate with her leasing my equipment. with me doing all maintenance. it something up in the air. with me keeping my winter plowing and shoveling accts.winter watch accts. and driveway sealing side of things
nosha, Hows that winter watch progam working out for you? I have considered doing the same around the lakes near me, lots of vandals.
this was suggested to me last spring for one area near me that the sheriff just dont get into very often. opinion?
I may need to contact you for some tips if I go for it.

stumper1620
10-30-2006, 07:04 AM
oh ya the original post.
Last winter I spent the better part of the winter rewriting and tweaking the plan, set it in motion and when I got to march the whole thing was so far off I had to do some very quick changes, evaluating and equipment purchases, I was amazed with the turn in events that blindsided me, but, it worked out. the plan, well I suppose it would work for a Bonn fire.

noseha
10-30-2006, 07:08 AM
do you live in big rapids? I do a weekly walk and after high winds. so I may do a walk twice a walk. but it gets me in there homes to sell all my services. I do a watch from first wk in sept and go thur june

stumper1620
10-30-2006, 07:15 AM
do you live in big rapids? I do a weekly walk and after high winds. so I may do a walk twice a walk. but it gets me in there homes to sell all my services. I do a watch from first wk in sept and go thur june
Yah, one of my plow customers last year suggested this to me because of all the seasonals that were having damage last year and noone was checking the props, so a lot of them didn't find out about damage til spring. I figured maybe a twice a month walk around inspection.

noseha
10-30-2006, 07:25 AM
I have a lot of rich people who leave there heat on I have them place a light with a thermostat don't place on out side wall hang from a light in the middle of the room we should talk about this later i'll post something

stumper1620
10-30-2006, 07:44 AM
I have a lot of rich people who leave there heat on I have them place a light with a thermostat don't place on out side wall hang from a light in the middle of the room we should talk about this later i'll post something
Thanks, I didn't mean to be highjacking this thread, I'll get back with you on this, I think it will be a good winter add on.
I gotta go get some work going now, I'll Pm you later.

Tim Wright
10-30-2006, 08:38 AM
Interesting Post & Thread.

I am going through a similar exersize. I am currently setting in motion the necessary componants to go from solo to a business model that will work should something happen to me.

Currently I am bidding on (new to me) apartment complexes and housing development associations and trying to get to 300 accounts for the 2007 year.

I am working on plans to expand into pavestone installations, lighting, and irrigation & a sales center on a major high volume exit easy to get to from a 4 state draw.

Right now I am setting up the software to support this transition, writing SOP's, Employee handbook, devising incentives, deciding on marketing and more.

Studying is also a high priority right now. From Sean's offerings, to business writers, to you all, I am sorting information.

Tim