PDA

View Full Version : Echo blower help

robbo521
10-30-2006, 12:18 AM
i have 3 med size yards that i do and one being a church.the parking lot is not real big maybe 40 cars.what do you guys think about the Echo PB-260 or the 261 for what i will be doing.the other two house's the blower would be used for driveway and side walk.don't have a lot to spend but don't want something that will be in the trash after 6months.most of the leafs are the big oak ones.

Envy Lawn Service
10-30-2006, 12:23 AM
Well, those will last a while. Trouble is they are really nothing more than the small line of handhelds converted to backpacks.

If you don't want to spend so much, want something that will last, and something that will make respectable power... check your dealer to see if he has any "old stock" BG85 blowers. (non "D" models)

You have to go to the 600 series Echo blowers to get more power than that.

robbo521
10-30-2006, 12:29 AM
sorry about this but i have only used cheap hand held ones,what brand would the BG85 blowers be?i have a new Stihl dealer about a mile away i was going to check on some stuff from him.

Runner
10-30-2006, 12:29 AM
.the parking lot is not real big maybe 40 cars.what do you guys think about the Echo PB-260 or the 261 for what i will be doing..

What will you be doing with it. 40 car lot?

robbo521
10-30-2006, 12:34 AM
it would be used twice a week at the church to get the leafs off the lot,and around building where the wind blows them in the corner.

LB1234
10-30-2006, 01:30 AM
We have an '01 PB603. Extremely reliable and dependable. Knock on wood never in the service shop. About 6yrs old.

It will work fine for clearing clippings from sidewalks and driveways. We still use it for that today cause of its nice power to weight ratio.

It will do OKAY for your leaf cleanups. Not great, but okay. It will take you longer but it will work.

Envy Lawn Service
10-30-2006, 01:45 AM
sorry about this but i have only used cheap hand held ones,what brand would the BG85 blowers be?i have a new Stihl dealer about a mile away i was going to check on some stuff from him.

Sorry... that would be a Stihl.

Just make a mental note that the new "D" models have a more restrictive catalytic muffler and do not make as much power as the old ones.

These are priced in the $200 range and come with the interchangeable nozzles.
(flat & round)

Just Mow
10-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Check out the Stihl Br420. Very reliable with good power.