PDA

View Full Version : Work Tunes AM/FM Headphones On Sale

Power Chute Design
10-30-2006, 01:03 AM
Menard's has them for $34.99 and Blain's Farm and Fleet at $37.99 this week in their store ads and TV ads.

Splicer
10-30-2006, 01:17 AM
How well do they work??? I mean protection AND radio function...

olderthandirt
10-30-2006, 01:20 AM
Menard's has them for $34.99 and Blain's Farm and Fleet at $37.99 this week in their store ads and TV ads.

How about a link to the page at Menards

I can't find them listed
Thanks

Luvs2Play
10-30-2006, 01:40 AM
Here's Menards ad.

http://menards.inserts2online.com/customer_Frame.jsp?drpStoreID=1

Page 18, top right corner.

Dunn's
10-30-2006, 11:01 AM
Yea I think they are getting ready to be marked down in price, because they are way to expensive for what they are. or how little they work. They where on sale at lowes and home depot recently for around $32 dollars

DBL
10-30-2006, 12:31 PM
we have 2 pairs and love them just wish the guys wouldnt keep forgeting to turn them off and waste the batteries

DEEJ
10-30-2006, 12:53 PM
Splicer,

The hearing protection is awesome, and so is the radio.

We use them all the time on FM and love them. Crystal clear. It is so nice to have tunes to sing to all day long.

Battery life is excellent. I probably put a new set in every month.

The hearing protection is so good you don't need to have the radio up loud to listen.

I have heard guys say the AM part is not so good, especially in busy urban centers. That said, AM always sucks!!

deej

sildoc
10-30-2006, 01:43 PM
Splicer,

The hearing protection is awesome, and so is the radio.

We use them all the time on FM and love them. Crystal clear. It is so nice to have tunes to sing to all day long.

Battery life is excellent. I probably put a new set in every month.

The hearing protection is so good you don't need to have the radio up loud to listen.

I have heard guys say the AM part is not so good, especially in busy urban centers. That said, AM always sucks!!

deej

This is true as the am and fm work on diferent Hz and are modulated at diferent altitudes. You can get skips easily from Am but FM is kept more local. Am doesn't reach as far as FM does because of different terrain. IF you are out on the plains you can get am and fm signals from much farther away than you can here in the west where mountains block signals. Hence why they have to up power out put here on the west.

jsf343
10-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Is there any particular brand that is good with am also? what about station presets? I would gladly pay a bit more for something really good that gets good reception with am and fm, good hearing protection AND presets.
Am Lenard had some but the manufacturer stopped making them.