PDA

View Full Version : Is the Stihl FS 90R hard to start???

WJW Lawn
10-30-2006, 07:26 AM
I'm curious to know from guys/gals who use the FS 90R if it's hard to start? I want to add one to my setup, but wanna see how good this thing is first. My BR600 backpack blower is the best starting ANYTHING Ive ever owned...however my Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer is pretty picky when starting. Right now I own a Redmax 2600, and thats easy to start and run after the strato kicks in. Any thoughts on the FS 90??

noseha
10-30-2006, 07:51 AM
if you go thur the starting process right. clean air filter and good gas right spark plug (bosch CrNi wsr6f or 7547).

WJW Lawn
10-30-2006, 08:06 AM
The same could be said for any brand...I meant in general. Some people always complain about the way Stihls start. I guess...Im more curious how the FS90 compares to the Redmax 2600....?

noseha
10-30-2006, 08:26 AM
ya, thats why they don't start. look above a stihl should start on the 3 pull if you maintain it. I have only had a bad time starting my stihl is when the spark plug gets wet or a dirty air filter. I like running stihl oil and high octane gas. the 4 mix is very easy to start I have julee uses a fs110rx and she can start it.

Raven386
10-30-2006, 08:30 AM
our stihl starts on 1st pull. sometimes 2nd. my echo trimmers take about 5 minutes to get running. but the 751 starts first pull still.

Total.Lawn.Care
10-30-2006, 08:37 AM
I have 2 FS90s and typically, if I prime the bulb properly (push twice slowly and wait for it to fill) then turn on the choke for one pull,, it usually starts. Sometimes, I have to pull a second time with choke and then turn off the choke and it starts on the third.

My choke nob is broken right now, and we have used it without the nob for 2 weeks, and even without choking and it sitting for 3-4 days, it is not a real problem to start. The FS90 is the best, most realiable trimmer I have used. You will have not complains with the FS90 if you decide to add it to your collection.

WJW Lawn
10-30-2006, 08:41 AM
I have 2 FS90s and typically, if I prime the bulb properly (push twice slowly and wait for it to fill) then turn on the choke for one pull,, it usually starts. Sometimes, I have to pull a second time with choke and then turn off the choke and it starts on the third.

My choke nob is broken right now, and we have used it without the nob for 2 weeks, and even without choking and it sitting for 3-4 days, it is not a real problem to start. The FS90 is the best, most realiable trimmer I have used. You will have not complains with the FS90 if you decide to add it to your collection.

Thanks! I love everything about my BR600...and its kinda got me hooked on the 4-mix products while at first I was skeptical. But that blower is lighter... quiet...strong...and starts VERY well. I think I may give the FS90 a run.

Total.Lawn.Care
10-30-2006, 09:01 AM
See my signature. All of my hand tools and blowers are Stihl 4-mix and they are great. Some of the best tools I have invested in and I have no plans to switch any time soon. They are great.

MarkintheGarden
10-30-2006, 09:18 AM
I cannot say about the fs90, but I have two fs80 and one of them has been starting easily for five years, the other for two years now.
I do not have much experience with other products to compare, but I am pleased with all my Stihl products.

LawnBrother
10-30-2006, 09:31 AM
I have a km110 that takes a few pulls to start when cold, but once it's warm 1-2 pulls and no priming it fires right up. When I first got it, it was 1-2 pulls any time, I think it's about due for the valve adjustment, though. I also have a BR600 that starts right up every time. I really like the 4-mix stuff, I don't think you'll have a problem with an fs90.

Just Mow
10-30-2006, 03:24 PM
If you are quick enough to get the choke off, mine starts on the first pull.

CELawn
10-30-2006, 04:55 PM
Mine starts on the 3rd pull when cold and the first pull when warm every time. It's amazing how it's the exact same every day.:)

sawman65
10-30-2006, 04:56 PM
i love to hear good things about the stihl line,just a reminder after you have run a few tanks of fuel take it back to the dealer for the valve adjustment.or you could have problems down the road it is coverd under warranty so it dont cost anything.and it is very important that it be done.

WJW Lawn
10-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Is that the same for the br600 blower??

Just Mow
10-30-2006, 05:46 PM
i love to hear good things about the stihl line,just a reminder after you have run a few tanks of fuel take it back to the dealer for the valve adjustment.or you could have problems down the road it is coverd under warranty so it dont cost anything.and it is very important that it be done.
You do not have to take it in for a valve adjustment. I have units that are three years old and have not done anything to them. The valve adjustment only has to be done if there is a loss in power and once only..