PDA

View Full Version : Just purchased Grashopper 428D

dozerdogue
10-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Well i just purchased a 2007 midmount grasshopper 428D 61" w/16 cubic/ft vacuum dump collection, optional suspension seat, mulching kit with blades and halogen work light kit. After demoing countless number of machines Ferris, kubota, exmark, everride, and john deere I honestly felt the grasshopper out performed them all and was definitely the most bang for my buck. I should be taking delivery on it by the end of this week I can't wait.:weightlifter:

Lawnsmithcare
10-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Good for youdo you have any pics?

dozerdogue
10-30-2006, 04:10 PM
No pics yet of the machine it's in transit from Kansas to ct. As soon as I get it Ill post some.

Willofalltrades
10-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Whats that machine generally run price wise (if you don't mind)? Why did that stand out over the others as the best bang for your buck?

dozerdogue
10-31-2006, 11:42 AM
The machine retails for 14k but can be had between 11-12k depending on what state you live in. What I noticed about this machine is the clipping dispersal. I have never used a machine that literally pulverizes clippings to dust. The ride is just as smooth as the ferris IMO due to the 9psi tire pressure in the rear and awesome seat. The controls were as light as a feather when operating and turning on wet surfaces literally made no divots. They are superbly balanced especially on hillsides with a great center of gravity. The whole machine package could not be matched by any of the machines I have ever tried and believe me I tried just about all of them. I will keep everyone informed on how well the 428d performs when I get to test it out next week with the mulching kit and bagger system on. Here is a list of the machines I demoed before purchasing the grasshopper exmark lazer xs w/32hp, ferris Is 4500 w/28hp cat, John deere 757 w/25hp kawasaki, Hustler super Z with 25hp kawasaki, Kubota Zd28, Everride warrior w/25hp kawasaki and toro 593d with 23hp kubota and turboforce deck. My second choice of the bunch would have been the toro but it left more divots and occasional stringers also the ride was much more harsh.

fastcutter
10-31-2006, 01:22 PM
You will love.. Been running them for years...

ProStreetCamaro
10-31-2006, 01:37 PM
Damn thats an amazing list of machines that you took out for demos. Thats actually rather funny because in my area they wont let you demo a mchine. They will let you drive it around but you are not allowed to turn the blades on. When I say nobody will let you I really mean nobody.

BTW my friend sold grasshopper at his dealer and ultimatly the grasshopper line and Encore line put him out of business. He couldnt even give them away. Hell we wouldnt even buy one when we were in the market.

dozerdogue
10-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Here in Ct most dealers push you to demo their machines. I really think it's necessary due to the different types of cool season grasses we get here considering a lot of machines are not from here. In Ct the grass is usually wet, long, thick and weedy with crabgrass so we have a full spectrum. If the mower pasts the test here it will anywhere. The only machine I did not demo was a scag even though I had the option too. I felt that there prices especially for their diesel were way to high. I did here with there new deck design they do cut great. I demoed each one of these machines on the 2 toughest lawns I have to cut. The ones that are always high, wet and usually leave a lot of clippings or even clumps.

Envy Lawn Service
10-31-2006, 08:22 PM
Congrats on your purchase.

Those are mean machines.
They are high on my list of top mowers.

My #1 choice for a diesel powered mower at this point, bar none...
(although I do wonder how well the Diesel Cub Tanks do)