PDA

View Full Version : Exmark mowers

slebeau20
10-30-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm doing a demo with a Exmark. I have to say, I'm very impressed with this machine. John Deere is what I'm currently running and after one day of this demo I'm ready to switch. My question is how easy are these Exmarks to work on? Last question how well do they perform with gator blades on them?

prostriper
10-30-2006, 08:04 PM
They sometimes can be a PITA to work on. a couple of the grease fittings on the back side of the chassis are a little difficult to get to, especially the parking break zerks. Its not too bad though. Overall they are a good mower. In the 8 years we've ran them they have been flawless. Other than general maintenance and tune-ups, the only problem we have had between the two mowers is the OPS on the seat went out and the PTO switch went bad. You will be happy with them.

iowa
10-30-2006, 08:17 PM
A very good mower.

John Gamba
10-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm doing a demo with a Exmark. I have to say, I'm very impressed with this machine. John Deere is what I'm currently running and after one day of this demo I'm ready to switch. My question is how easy are these Exmarks to work on? Last question how well do they perform with gator blades on them?

What kind of grass do you cut in your part of the usa. we need to know for the blade question

slebeau20
10-30-2006, 10:13 PM
Mostly tall fine fescue.

Buckeye Lawncare
10-30-2006, 11:27 PM
I have two Exmarks ( 52" W/B & 60" Lazer) and I love them both. I bought them both used and they run great, the lazer has 750 hrs on it and it still starts right up every morning:weightlifter: . I've ran almost everyother mower out there (GD, JD, Scag, Gravely, Bunton, Bobcat) and Exmark is still at the top of my list. This spring I am going to buy another used Lazer.

tacoma200
10-31-2006, 12:25 AM
Very few problems. After reading these forums for years I can say they rank very high in quality. Lots of repeat buyers.