PDA

View Full Version : Customer survey?

kbacon3231
10-30-2006, 08:17 PM
I will be mailing out a survey along with my invoices this month and was wanting to know what you all would think the top five or ten questions i should let my customers grade me on? Quality of work, appearance, so on and so on. I figure this could be a good way to find out how i can better my business. I posted this in the business forum but not to many replies. LawnBro. had a couple suggestions and i think we both would like to know anyone has done this with good results. Any input good or bad will be appreciated.

DFW Area Landscaper
10-30-2006, 08:30 PM
Here is a copy of our exit interview. We mailed out about a dozen of these last spring and only about 1/4 came back, even with a pre-address, pre-stamped envelope.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

par69
10-30-2006, 10:25 PM
I sent out survey once and the feedback that came back was just little stuff. Nothing that was helpfull.

I never sent another one out. Most of my clients I had for an average of 8 years.

MarkintheGarden
11-02-2006, 05:28 PM
It depends on what feedback you are looking for, quality control, upselling, etc.

One thing you should ask: "Would you reccomend us to a friend or neighbor?"
By asking you are making a suggestion!

georgiagrass
11-02-2006, 07:25 PM
1. Quality of service
2. Value perceived
3. Ease of contact
4. preferred method of communication (telephone, fax, email, etc.)
5. scope of services desired
6. appearance of crews
7. appearance of equipment
8. treatment by crews (politeness, etc.)
9. reliability
10. willingness to recommend service to friends/neighbors

kbacon3231
11-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Thanks for all the very useful ideas!

Ed Ryder
11-04-2006, 10:13 AM
In a recent survey I asked about billing preferences, whether they wanted monthly bills, bills twice per season, pre-paying the season with a slight discount, or paying it all at the end of the season. I was trying to see if they would like the convenience of writing fewer checks, where I also could reduce my administrative burden.

I asked whether they would be willing to support a possible new service (aeration).

I asked if they enjoyed my newsletter and wanted me to continue writing them, or if they just chucked the newsletters in the trash.

I asked if they had any interest in a travel service I provide (another business that I provide details about in my newsletter).

I asked about their preference of just me cutting their lawn or if they would be okay about me having employees in the future.

I don't need to ask about service quality, since I already know that I'm super dooper:laugh:

topsites
11-04-2006, 10:44 AM
There was a thread on here about this same thing some time ago.

From what could be determined, the best type of feedback can only be gained IF it is done through a 3rd party that promises to keep the customers anonymous to the Lco, meaning the only thing the Lco sees is the results of the survey. Because you know it, if I send out the survey myself, there's ways I might can tell who filled it out, the customer knows this and nobody wants to burn themselves in the process... Likely this answers the usual lukewarm response issue.

Although customers can and do appreciate these surveys as they are an indication of someone's willingness to improve (if in areas unknown to be a problem), no customer gets but so excited about even the remote possibility of having to find a new Lco lol.

Doing that 3rd party thing will give you exactly what you want, thou I should warn you that you may not like everything you will hear, it certainly is an eye opener and the response rate is far better.

I don't know who you could hire to do it (as far as name), but doing some searching should turn up some companies...
Might be pricey, but I hear say the results are among the best, and if not, at least a lot better.