PDA

View Full Version : Echo Hedge Trimmer Help

Kingram10
10-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Hey Guys, I just bought a Echo HC-150 Hedge Trimmer and I have a Question.

It came with a Blade Stiffener. Do you Guys use these and what are they for??

lawnsbytim
10-30-2006, 10:25 PM
Do you mean the blade guard that keeps fingers from being cut off?

Kingram10
10-30-2006, 10:57 PM
There is a Orange Blade cover that is used during transport and there is also a BLADE STIFFENER that attaches to top of blades and guides material being cut into blades.

metro36
10-31-2006, 07:09 PM
Is it a silver metal strip. If so I use it on mine. It came with it on and I never needed to take it off. I am to lazy to remove it any ways.

ed2150
10-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Most trimmers have these, they're not only a stiffener, they provide you a measure of protection in case the trimmer contacts your leg or something like that.

It's not absolutely necessary, I messed the one on my Kawasaki trimmer up and ran it without it while the one I ordered came in. It shouldn't affect the way the trimmer operates with or without it and from a safety standpoint it oughta be there.

CNY Property Management
10-31-2006, 07:58 PM
I run that trimmer as well. The bracket you are referencing provides a certain level of protection for your hand that is closest to the blade. The machine will run fine without the bracket, but will be less safe. I beleive the bracket also acts as a support and guide for the blade.

MMLawn
10-31-2006, 09:19 PM
If you are using in commercially Echo actually recommend leaving it off their hedge trimmers.

jmq
10-31-2006, 10:11 PM
I use the same trimmer and I have not take it off either. One problem I have noticed is that if the blades are not lubricated often enough, the cutting blades will sieze up. I always clean and oil before I put my orange cover back on...

Have any of you used VERY long (36"+) hedge trimmers????

Matts lawn care
10-31-2006, 10:24 PM
i have the same trimmer. never bothered to take it off. it is a safety feature. it also helps guide the bush into the blades. no problems here.

Kingram10
10-31-2006, 11:22 PM
My Echo came with Blade stiffener/Guard off Just laying in the box.
It said everytime you put it on or take it off you have to use NEW locking nuts.

ed2hess
11-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Most trimmers have these, they're not only a stiffener, they provide you a measure of protection in case the trimmer contacts your leg or something like that.
Yes we take it off because it hurts trimming.....but everyone of us has cut our pants and leg at least once a year when we relax and let the darn trimmer get into our leg.