PDA

View Full Version : Best Commercial 21 Inch Mulcher?

rjprice
10-30-2006, 09:50 PM
I need a 21 inch walk-behind to use mostly for mulching thick Zoysia grass (14K sf). Must be self-propelled. Which is the better mulcher: Honda HRC Hydro or Toro Proline 21? Anything else I should consider?

TNT LawnCare Inc.
10-30-2006, 10:04 PM
Personally we dont buy commercial 21's, in my opinion there a waste of money. I can buy 2-3 toro or honda residential mowers for the price of one commercial 21. Just my .02 cents but do what you want

LawnBrother
10-30-2006, 10:14 PM
I use a 21" Proline, I like it a lot. I have a friend that uses commercial Honda 21"s and he swears by them. I don't think you can go wrong with either. IMO, if you plan to use it more than a few times a week, then I wouldn't waste money on a homeowner mower. My proline is going strong into it's 7th season next year. No homeowner mower can do that. If homeowner mowers work for TNT, that's good for him, but I learned the hard way: always buy commercial, you won't regret it.

LLandscaping
10-30-2006, 10:30 PM
We have several Toro Proline Commercial 21's the oldest is 8yrs still used daily. We mainly bag Bermuda and Zoysia with them but they mulch good also.

thesargent
10-30-2006, 10:38 PM
i use a 21" honda commercial hydro. i mulch all my yards, it mulches great as long as its not to long of grass. i dont cut any zoysia grass though, sorry about that. ive heard that the toro is a great mower also. i dont think you could go wrong with either one.