PDA

View Full Version : bidding a mowing job

nvrstsfd23
10-31-2006, 05:13 PM
How do you guys bid for a job. this is my first year at bidding my boss usually handles it. I plan on breaking down one of commercial mowing jobs that has trees, hills, fence, driveways and so forth. Then I will mark how long it take and measure the square feet of the area. Then measure an obstacles and subtract the area and see the difference in time for the areas and compare them to the jobs that we bid. So for example if we bid an entrance way and measure a hill with 10,000 square feet with no obstacles and compare that to a hill we mow that is 5,000 square feet for x amount of time we then take that time and multiply it by 2 to get that for the 10,000 bid. Then continue on doing this for each section and then add up for a total. Does this make sense and will it work or do you guys have a better idea.

thesargent
10-31-2006, 08:32 PM
i bid a job by looking at it and deciding how long it will take me, and then factor in steepness, amount of trimming, obstacles,etc. you also need to know your costs, someone may be able to do a lawn for $25 but another guy might have to charge $35 to cover his costs of operating.

DBL
10-31-2006, 08:33 PM
straight forward flat acre for us is $60

meets1
10-31-2006, 09:19 PM
I wish we got that. I have bid as low as 20 - high bid. Job went 4 $15 an acre. Close to 40 acres of mowing. i watched this year, jd 525, encore prawler front deck, 72' cut. They mow all week long.