PDA

View Full Version : yard signs

smarino21
10-31-2006, 06:24 PM
how many of you use these?
18"X24" that you stick in the grass. Where do you guys put these how have you been with your luck with tthem? How many you put out usually?

firefightergw
10-31-2006, 06:30 PM
I've tried them. However, they always seemed to get stolen before I could get any response from them. I still have about 40 of them in an upstairs closet. May try to put them out again next year.

georgiagrass
11-02-2006, 09:42 PM
I've given some thought to doing this also. I've considered having small aluminum cast signs (like the fancy address signs that are popular now) made that say "Lawn Care by [my company]" These are not inexpensive, but they are very classy looking and are in character with the area where I work.

dallas05
11-04-2006, 07:27 AM
I Have Had Great Success With Mine. All Of My New And Existing Customers,friends, Competitors Etc.. Say "i See Your Signs Everywhere You Must Be Doing Great" I Think It Helps You To Stand Out From The 655 Million Landscape Companies In Any Givin Town.i Put Them Up Ofcourse On Any Landscape Work But Also On All Of Our Maintenance Properties We Just Change Up And Move Them After A Coulpe Weeks. The Ticket For Me Was To Buy 12'x12' Instead Of 24"x24","one Color" Vinyl Sign With Wire Stand And Buy In Bulk 100 Signs For Like A Little Over $4 A Piece And If I Was To Buy One At A Time It Would Be Like $20 A Piece Hope This Helps!

Ed Ryder
11-04-2006, 10:59 AM
It's appropriate that you get permission from your customer to put up a sign. Without permission, it's likely some will be pissed off.

There is a funeral home nearby that is extremely well maintained with the lawn and gardens. A small, classy sign shows who the lawn service provider is. And I think the sign is so nice that it elevates the prestige of the property.