PDA

View Full Version : 1800 landscape

smarino21
10-31-2006, 05:34 PM
any one ever do this 1800 landscape or lawncare? how is it any comments?

dave k
10-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Never heard of it, can you give more info?

StumpBuster
10-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Do you mean...
1-800-Landscape/Lawncare,
as in a phone # ??

howardsells2000
10-31-2006, 09:53 PM
I saw a pick up truck this evening with that on the tailgate. I thought to myself, what a good idea. I'm in Maryland so it must be a service that people call and they assign leeds depending on what area and service that is needed.

Mr.Mow-It-All
10-31-2006, 09:59 PM
any one ever do this 1800 landscape or lawncare? how is it any comments?

Yeh I checked into it last year. I can't rember how much it cost, somewhere between 3-500 per month I think. Now that I moved to a much more populated area, I may check into it if it isn't taken.

Runner
11-01-2006, 01:03 PM
This one aspect of the Realgreen Systems program that unfortunately, doesn't work all that well. The reason being, is there is too much and too much potential for overlap. The way it works, is you pay into the service. They sell you marketing material like brochures, wicket signs, etc. The only holdback is....is that it is done by "zipcode" areas. So, if you are driving around and someone takes that number from your truck....they call and there is no telling if they get refered to YOUR business, or someone elses. There are 3 businesses right around here that have this. Guess what happens? If someone takes the number off a wicket sign 5 minutes south of me, and they live 10 minutes north of me, they get refered to the guy at the north of me. Now, these are actual numbers and examples of times right from my location. There is another a little further south.
Also, I believe the 800 Lawncare number is just that - for lawn CARE (chemical and fert.). It is not for mowing services and such. I think there is a seperate number for that.
Now don't get me wrong,...because RealGreen systems DOES have a top shelf marketing program, and many excellent materials available. Their software program for doing lawncare appears to be second to none. A bit pricey, but a great program all the same.

nobagger
11-01-2006, 01:51 PM
One of the biggest landscape/lawn care services around here just started doing this last year. I wasn't sure what it was though, but he has them on all of his trucks and I've seen some little flyers tacked to telephone poles all over the place in our city. I wasn't a big fan of the pole thing though, looked tacky.

Runner
11-01-2006, 08:20 PM
No. In most areas and I am CERTAIN that in the entire state of Michigan, it is illegal to attach ANYTHING to telephone poles and/or signposts. This includes all the payday advance, we buy houses, tent rental, garage sale, work at home, and whatever else signs you can think of...we get em all.

SEEKER3
11-01-2006, 08:23 PM
Good 1800.