PDA

View Full Version : Toro

CatholicLawnie
10-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Does Toro make good equipment? Mowers etc...

ALarsh
10-31-2006, 09:31 PM
The turboforce deck is a very good deck. I have 400 hours on mine and it has been great.

J&R Landscaping
10-31-2006, 09:42 PM
The only machine I dont like is the riders or walkbehinds with the SFS deck. Like ALarsh said, the turbo force deck is awsome. The machines are quite similar to exmark as toro owns exmark.

meets1
10-31-2006, 09:55 PM
I run all TORO - to the most part service free, great cut, great deck, great price!

6'7 330
10-31-2006, 10:11 PM
TORO, makes good solid Z-Turns, walk-behinds, and excellent 21-inch commercial mowers. We some of each, all are mechanically sound and cut my turf type excellently.

Birdhunter1
10-31-2006, 11:41 PM
I'm running a Toro with the turboforce deck and I agree with the other guys, it is an awesome deck.

topsites
11-01-2006, 03:30 AM
key: sfs = float, turboforce = fixed.

I started myself with floats, once I switched to the Fixed deck I never went back.

Truth be known, I thought the float gave a better cut for beginners, it was a learning curve to master that fixed deck... The thing that aggravated me the most was the sloppiness of a floating deck mower, it was nice to have that cadillac ride to a point, but if I wanted Formula performance, not with a float.

The thing about the fixed deck is the child's play is gone, that machine doesn't tolerate operator error the way the float does.
Beyond that I enjoyed the simplicity and rugged construction of the fixed deck: Less moving parts, and solid as a tank.
Jumps and mounts curbs with ease, doesn't get stuck as easy and the front is easy to lift when need be.
That, and the overall weight difference, omg a float is HEAVY!

About a month later I wouldn't even compare the two machines, there is no doubt in my mind the fixed deck is the master's lawnmower.

mowtech
11-01-2006, 03:34 PM
key: sfs = float, turboforce = fixed.

I started myself with floats, once I switched to the Fixed deck I never went back.

Truth be known, I thought the float gave a better cut for beginners, it was a learning curve to master that fixed deck... The thing that aggravated me the most was the sloppiness of a floating deck mower, it was nice to have that cadillac ride to a point, but if I wanted Formula performance, not with a float.

The thing about the fixed deck is the child's play is gone, that machine doesn't tolerate operator error the way the float does.
Beyond that I enjoyed the simplicity and rugged construction of the fixed deck: Less moving parts, and solid as a tank.
Jumps and mounts curbs with ease, doesn't get stuck as easy and the front is easy to lift when need be.
That, and the overall weight difference, omg a float is HEAVY!

About a month later I wouldn't even compare the two machines, there is no doubt in my mind the fixed deck is the master's lawnmower.

Just an FYI, Toro showed new floating deck units with turboforce decks at OPEI in Louisville.

RedMax Man
11-01-2006, 04:01 PM
I like Toro's Comm. mowers. I own a 48" fixed deck walk behind with the T-Bar controls. It has Always been reliable and gives a nice cut even in tall wet grass. The T-Bar is comfortable and easy to use.

topsites
11-01-2006, 05:05 PM
Just an FYI, Toro showed new floating deck units with turboforce decks at OPEI in Louisville.

ahhhhh so, tyvm, news to me.