PDA

View Full Version : QXPRESS Software..Big Bucks

LB1234
10-31-2006, 09:04 PM
Received a demo today of the Qxpress software. Man that thing is great for scheduling/routing. How it links with QBs is neat. I can see it being a real timesaver over the years. It seems they have really thought it out. After speaking with the rep she said I would need the Platinum version since I have projects that last longer than one day. Otherwise I could get away with the Gold version.

Anyhow, when I got down to the pricing I almost feel out of my chair. It would cost me $1295 for the software to get installed on my PC, then another $195 to get installed on my PocketPC. In addition, this pricing includes 12 months of free product updates and up to 2hrs of technical support. But once that runs out I have to pay for technical support (I didn't ask how much). THEN, after the first year it would cost me $300/yr for there maintenance package (it basically is technical support and product updates).

Holy crapola is that expensive. For that amount of money I can get a laptop and QB pro and mount it in my truck. I'll use Microsoft Project to run my landscape jobs and continue to use my calander in my PocketPC to schedule my day.

Sorry, I can't see spending $1,500 for software that can make me a schedule that can link with QB's. Then another 300/year, of which my company is basically dormant for 3 months!:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

gardenkeeper88
10-31-2006, 10:10 PM
well I don't know your biz. But Man do I LOVE qxpress. I went w/ the gold. Any landscape jobs I carry over I just don't put as done. I enter my times in each day and products used. It's just great. Haven't missed any projects or forgot to bill anything . It has paid for itsself. I bought it last winter this is my first season. I will be learning more this winter. I have 2 crews this year and next year I'm pulling myself away from 1 crew to run the biz and do all chem apps. Not worried at all about handeling it all now.:weightlifter: QX is a powerhouse.

LB1234
11-02-2006, 10:44 AM
I was willing to shell out 800 bucks for it...not 1500. I've heard nothing but great things about qexpress and like I said demo was great.

BUT...if you are saying I could get away with gold I think that price is right around 800 bucks. So it would be 1k for me. I'll have to look into it.

grass-scapes
11-02-2006, 07:01 PM
The keep me current plan is 295 per year, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to. I bought my qxpress in February of last year and now I found out that January 1 my plan expires. I didn't get my 12 months of updates. They do that due to the fact that quickbooks usually does a major update around that time and if you update quickbooks, you HAVE to update qxpress. Trust me...I just bought QB 2007 and "tried" to sync with qxpress. It messed up qxpress. They released an update to fix the problem and my problem was all fixed too.

I love it, but it can be frustrating at times too. I have had an unresolved issue for months. DAO error every time I try to print from Qxpress, but nothing else. It prints out, after I hit cancel several times. Qxpress support can't help me, so they say. Microsoft can't help me, so THEY say. I guess Im stuck with the error.