PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys and gals think?

dannyray
10-31-2006, 10:08 PM
Going to but bid in on 90 condos. Problem is there is nowhere to go with grass.
I am thinking of going 30 per condo. With a cutting season of 28 cuts on average. So the season will be about 81,000.00 with state tax. Quick est. my numbers are not here by keyboard. Think I want to get rich quick or do you think I am in the running? Like I said there no where to go with grass and you would be lucky to use a 38 inch cut walk behind. I have a good reputation and would like to keep it, also I do not want to underbid a job and spend all my time honoring a bid to low but I will. It is 2700 or so with out tax per cut.
Welcome and feed back whether it is good or bad

Thanks.
Daniel

PS; my customers appreciate!

thesargent
10-31-2006, 10:11 PM
what do you mean, there is no where to go with grass? how big is each property, how long will each one take you?

dcondon
10-31-2006, 10:15 PM
There is no way I would even consider an account like that unless you are a huge co. If not then just stay with the smaller accounts and let your business grow from there.:waving:

K&L Landscaping
10-31-2006, 10:15 PM
I don't understand the post. Is it just mowing, trimming and blowing? Will you be responsible for mulching, fert., shrubbery trimming etc...? Is that $81,000 for the year? If it's just for mowing, trimming and blowing you would be way too high in this part of the world.

jmq
10-31-2006, 10:18 PM
Are you bagging all of it??? What are you going to do with the bags and how long will that take??? How long will it take you to cut the grass only? You said a 38" WB won't fit, but can you get "quick" with a couple good 36"'s? If you sacrifice some of the price on the cut, can you make it up trimming bushes, aerating, dethatching or other stuff???? Do they have other properties you can bid on to offset your sacrafice from this bid???

Just questions that come to mind for me?????

dannyray
11-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Will take about 20 minutes per condo. This is for cut,blow off and trim. Yes bag have property to dump. Yes they have other properties. I estimate 40 to 45 man hours to cut. 4 people for 10 hours one day or 5 hours two days. How much should I sacrifice on the cut this is going to take up 2 works days out of a work week. Not to mention rain days, they will want it done neat.
Thanks;
Daniel