PDA

View Full Version : Paper bags for leaves and such...

jmq
10-31-2006, 10:36 PM
How much are you guys and gals paying for paper bags....Here I find them for $2 for 5 bags.....

metro36
10-31-2006, 11:18 PM
Not me. I just fill up my green barrels and dump them in the town dump.

SodKing
10-31-2006, 11:23 PM
seems like this belongs in the homeowners section...

cantoo
10-31-2006, 11:33 PM
Sodking, in some areas that's the only way the city will pickup yard waste. I just dump mine in my back pasture field and it ends up as a motorcycle jump.

Petr51488
10-31-2006, 11:37 PM
Sodking, in some areas that's the only way the city will pickup yard waste. I just dump mine in my back pasture field and it ends up as a motorcycle jump.

The town isn't suppose to take waste generated by a contractor. At least in my town they don't.

rockandroller
11-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Learned my lesson. No more paper bags for me. You would have to pay me double time to get me to work with them again!

Charles
11-01-2006, 04:33 PM
I would need about 500 paper bags to do one yard. Never heard of it and never would use them.

mikes landscaping
11-01-2006, 06:32 PM
well scince we dont have a truck we use them too. we pay something like $7.50 for 25 bags. thats the only way to do it around here. if you haul to the dump the charge you by the weight.

SodKing
11-01-2006, 09:29 PM
well scince we dont have a truck we use them too. we pay something like $7.50 for 25 bags. thats the only way to do it around here. if you haul to the dump the charge you by the weight.

Thats what I am saying, its boy next door stuff. Not the way a professional landscape company would do things...

jmq
11-02-2006, 08:46 AM
Thats what I am saying, its boy next door stuff. Not the way a professional landscape company would do things...
In this area, you can not dump the leaves unless you pay. We charge the clients for the bags and the labor. Unfortunately, we do not have farms, fields or woods in the immediate area for disposal!

The city picks up the bags with the weekly trash collection, whether they are from a contractor or not!

We only use tarps at our commercial accounts and they all have dumpsters that we use to dispose the leaves.....

Otherwise I would have to charge EVERYONE for a debris removal. With time being money, I do not want to haul all the leaves, pay to dispose and spend the time to unload the truck.

I have accounts that I have used more than 100 bags, the only thing is that since the leaves have been falling, I have increased my visits to these customers and they are charged for every visit. It cost less to bag 20 bags than is does to bag 100.

jimmbo407
11-02-2006, 10:13 AM

This is why this site is BS. The man asked how much money others pay for bags. If that is the way he wants to do things let him. Maybe in his area that is the only way. But you all have to judge the professionalism of his company due to the fact he want to use the landscape waste bags verses haul them away. I havn't been here in awhile now I know why. Last I checked this in America the land of opportunity and if a man want to make his own way he can pick the way.

jmq you will figure out the best way to do things. I would think the large pack at Sams Club would be the way to go.

Have a good day, wont be back. I will run my part time mow jo legal bussiness and charge what I want to charge and FU all.

Jnamo
11-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Check with Meijer, or Ace/Aco or Sams. The Home Depot bags suck. Sams and Meijer have the nicest bags as far as tearing. Do you use a funnel (green one). If not you need one. I think I pay $1.80ish/5 at Meijer and they are the nicest/strongest bags.

Also, jimmbo407 is right on. Don't rip the guy, answer his question or offer an alternative in a supportive way. "Your small time and I rule" doest help him out and is not what he is looking for. Grow up - big shot lawn dude.
Can't we all just get along?!!!

Jeff

cantoo
11-03-2006, 08:27 PM
Not sure who edited the threads I know why it happens but come on this time the first guy never said much he just was tired of some guys who think the world revolves around them.
Sometimes when we respond to questions we forget that the guy night be from the other side of the world. Things are different all over.
Now we got a guy who says he ain't coming back because of a pro telling him he has to run his business a certain way to be a pro. I run MY business how ever I want as long as it's legal and I can get away with it.
Maybe someone should have called him names and he told him he should be mulching leaves if he wants to be a pro. The guy just asked a question and wanted input from guys who have the same situation.

daveintoledo
11-03-2006, 08:56 PM
i waded though thigh deep leaves all day today, thats right thigh deep, you cant mulch them , they are over three feet thick... how big are these bags....i moved 30 pickup loads today, how many bags would that make......:dizzy: :dizzy:

dcondon
11-03-2006, 09:38 PM
No way would we ever think of bagging leaves up. Don't have time for little things like that.!!!!

cantoo
11-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm sure most of us here wouldn't consider cutting our big lawns with a 21" mower either but for some places it's the only mower they need. I think the same thing when guys say they can go almost a whole week without empting their leaf boxes. We can fill the truck in about 20 minutes before we have to dump.