PDA

View Full Version : mulching with my TT and then blowing has helped tremendously

clydesdale
11-01-2006, 12:46 AM
The local dump has closed temporarily, so I have a problem with hauling away leaves. So this year I decided that I would close my ez chute, slap on the mulching blades and pulvorize the leaves. Then I blow what I need to. I can tell you this, I will have a lot less to suck up with the truck loader.

ed2hess
11-01-2006, 10:31 PM
You are a smart man......keep us posted on how it works for you.

LLandscaping
11-01-2006, 10:40 PM
We do the same thing with our Turf Tiger and Tiger Cub its turns the leaves to dust.

Envy Lawn Service
11-01-2006, 11:08 PM
I've never hauled away leaves and I'm not ready to start either.

I either just mulch them where they lay...

Or I chop them up side discharge while moving them to a specified location...

Or I take the blowers to them blow them somewhere...

I don't do the haul'em away deal and I don't put them in bags either. I only mulch them where they are... move them to a specified location like a "leaf-scape" area or into the woods or to the curb for pickup.

Godfather
11-02-2006, 07:30 PM
i made a home made discharge blocker and it turns them into bits, then i run them over with the bagger, witch allows me to minimize emptying time

dfor
11-02-2006, 07:46 PM
It is amazing how you can reduce so many leaves into dust. Going over them in reverse is even better. An area that would fill up the catcher at least ten times ends up being one or two after mulching them first.
Hoping not to start the leaf loader too much this year.

Godfather
11-05-2006, 08:21 PM
The only draw back to mulching them is the dust. It is horrible when you bag up the mulched up leaves.

jtkplc
11-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Reducing the volume of leaves is always something I've done with fall clean-up. This year with a mulch kit on my 260Z, I'm mulching a lot of leaves that would have had to be picked up in previous years. Mulching is the way to go except when the amount of leaves is too great where they don't disappear down into the lawn. That's the only time I bag, or if the customer is compensating me for picking them up.