PDA

View Full Version : Whats the cost?????

Ronnie Greenwood1
11-01-2006, 07:53 AM
Well here is a really vage (spell check)

Starting to do alot of my clean ups and the time it takes me to load them up and the fact I have a smaller trailer 6 1/2 12 is killing me. Keep in mind I don't have the funds to get a leaf loader this year have other plans. What would a company who has one charge to come buy and do curb side pick up of them? I have no way to describe size so say a 2 man hour job with a back pack? sorry about this question thanks

wski4fun
11-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Most Co. around here have a min of $100. Then I think it is $2 minute for labor after 10 or 15 minutes plus extra for the amount.

rockandroller
11-01-2006, 04:00 PM
I am a solo operator, small timer as well. For my clean-ups, if they don't have curbside pick-up, I mulch, mulch, mulch them until the property looks good. Usually two passes, in some cases the second pass is bagged. This all depends on how thick the leaves are. Then get the backpack and blow the remnants until it looks nice. I can't afford, no do I want to spend the $ for an expensive set-up. I charge $60/hr, or I charge for a mow (normal price) + any additional time devoted to the clean-up.

My customers don't complain about the work, or the price. Loading piles into my small trailer and hauling off is just not an option!

ed2hess
11-01-2006, 10:25 PM
I am a solo operator, small timer as well. For my clean-ups, if they don't have curbside pick-up, I mulch, mulch, mulch them until the property looks good. Usually two passes, in some cases the second pass is bagged. This all depends on how thick the leaves are. Then get the backpack and blow the remnants until it looks nice. I can't afford, no do I want to spend the $ for an expensive set-up. I charge $60/hr, or I charge for a mow (normal price) + any additional time devoted to the clean-up.

My customers don't complain about the work, or the price. Loading piles into my small trailer and hauling off is just not an option!
Actually I think this is the way most of us handle leaves....never seen a job that couldn't be handled this way in our area.

LLandscaping
11-01-2006, 10:45 PM
We mulch the leaves with gator blades and put mulch plates on our mowers.

dcondon
11-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Thats a hard question to answer because every state and every county is so different. Do what it takes to make some money. JMO