PDA

View Full Version : Gravely and E mails

John Gamba
11-01-2006, 06:56 AM
Has anybody ever gotten an answer from them on an E mail ????? I have like three in with them and there not hard questions:confused:

Mowingman
11-01-2006, 07:25 AM
John,
Send me a PM with the address you are sending the email to. I will find out why you are not getting answers to your questions.

John Gamba
11-01-2006, 07:37 AM
John,
Send me a PM with the address you are sending the email to. I will find out why you are not getting answers to your questions.

Thank you. Its the one on there web site or the contact one. Let me see if i can see it.

John Gamba
11-01-2006, 07:40 AM
Thank you. Its the one on there web site or the contact one. Let me see if i can see it.

Its the one in the upper right hand corner.

John Gamba
11-01-2006, 08:01 AM
John,

Do they have a conversion kit for the pro-stear on a gear drive ??? this was one of my questions this past spring.

noseha
11-01-2006, 08:04 AM
I e-mail them once they told me to go piss up a rope. poor dealers support. what why i'm switching to someone else. I thinking about scag or lesco not sure. thank you just wanted to get that off my chest

John Gamba
11-01-2006, 08:32 AM
I e-mail them once they told me to go piss up a rope. poor dealers support. what why i'm switching to someone else. I thinking about scag or lesco not sure. thank you just wanted to get that off my chest

They had a guy on here years ago named Barry. he got input on walk behinds then we did see him anymore.

MOturkey
11-01-2006, 08:40 AM
John, to answer your question, no I haven't. I own a Gravely also, and have used the "contact" feature on their website three different times to ask questions. I never got a response of any kind.

I've been thinking about writing the CEO of the company a letter, suggesting that he look into this, but haven't yet gotten around to doing so. Poor way to run a railroad, in my opinion. Even if the person receiving the email doesn't have the information requested, every other company I've ever contacted sends back a confirmation of the email being received and tells you it has been forwarded to the appropriate personnel, and that a reply should be expected within X number of days.

And, in every instance I can recall, eventually I do get a reply, except from Gravely. Neill

John Gamba
11-01-2006, 08:50 AM
John, to answer your question, no I haven't. I own a Gravely also, and have used the "contact" feature on their website three different times to ask questions. I never got a response of any kind.

I've been thinking about writing the CEO of the company a letter, suggesting that he look into this, but haven't yet gotten around to doing so. Poor way to run a railroad, in my opinion. Even if the person receiving the email doesn't have the information requested, every other company I've ever contacted sends back a confirmation of the email being received and tells you it has been forwarded to the appropriate personnel, and that a reply should be expected within X number of days.

And, in every instance I can recall, eventually I do get a reply, except from Gravely. Neill

Same here neill. they don't have a bad product but this can kill a sale.

Mowingman
11-01-2006, 08:50 AM
The head man at Ariens is Dan Ariens. If you can get an email to him, you will likely get your concerns addressed.

Barry did a lot of the design work on the Gravely commercial machines. He has since moved on to another company.

John Gamba
11-01-2006, 09:12 AM
The head man at Ariens is Dan Ariens. If you can get an email to him, you will likely get your concerns addressed.

Barry did a lot of the design work on the Gravely commercial machines. He has since moved on to another company.

Do they have a kit for the pro-steer that goes on a gear drive.

Gravely_Man
11-01-2006, 10:57 AM
John,
Sorry to hear you are not getting the answers you need. Gravely is very clearly a company that wants to run itís self into the ground. They have stopped the production of their famed four wheeled tractors and their very versatile walk behinds that took the numerous different attachments. If you go to the Gravely site they are now offering an imported walk behind that will take the older gravely attachments.
I know this doesnít answer your question but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in search for a simple answer.
If I was still cutting commercially I would very seriously think about choosing another brand of machine. That is very hard for me to say as I used to be their biggest supported here.

Gravely_Man

olderthandirt
11-01-2006, 11:30 AM

John are you talking about the 4 blade conversion kit? If you are I was told they quit making them because the bladeds would not quit spinning fast enough to past gov. regs. But I know of a couple dealers that bought up a few kits before they quit making them.

Mowingman
11-01-2006, 11:58 AM
John,
No they do not have a conversion kit that I am aware of. It would be quite a chore, involving a lot of parts, to convert a pistol grip to a Prosteer setup.

John Gamba
11-01-2006, 12:25 PM
John,
Sorry to hear you are not getting the answers you need. Gravely is very clearly a company that wants to run itís self into the ground. They have stopped the production of their famed four wheeled tractors and their very versatile walk behinds that took the numerous different attachments. If you go to the Gravely site they are now offering an imported walk behind that will take the older gravely attachments.
I know this doesnít answer your question but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone in search for a simple answer.
If I was still cutting commercially I would very seriously think about choosing another brand of machine. That is very hard for me to say as I used to be their biggest supported here.

Gravely_Man

I started with gravely, i had there riders the pro master 200's and the pro 150 to 300. I found them alot better then the deere or scags that where being used.

I think i might buy there hydro 48 for next year, i like the deeper deck and the cut that my gear drive is giving is great.

did you see the price for the two wheel tractor :laugh:

John Gamba
11-01-2006, 12:26 PM
John are you talking about the 4 blade conversion kit? If you are I was told they quit making them because the bladeds would not quit spinning fast enough to past gov. regs. But I know of a couple dealers that bought up a few kits before they quit making them.

Mac
Its what you steer with that i was looking for. I would just double blade it if thats what i need.

John Gamba
11-01-2006, 12:27 PM
John,
No they do not have a conversion kit that I am aware of. It would be quite a chore, involving a lot of parts, to convert a pistol grip to a Prosteer setup.

Thanks mowingman.

I think i will look into the hydro for next year.

Gravely_Man
11-01-2006, 02:19 PM
I started with gravely, i had there riders the pro master 200's and the pro 150 to 300. I found them alot better then the deere or scags that where being used.

I think i might buy there hydro 48 for next year, i like the deeper deck and the cut that my gear drive is giving is great.

did you see the price for the two wheel tractor :laugh:

John, All I can say is totally out of touch with reality! No one is going to pay that. They let go of that piece of the market when they stopped production and now they want to get it back with a item totally out of reach for the average lawn care companies budget.

Gravely_Man

Tharrell
11-01-2006, 06:08 PM
Isn't it ironic with all the advertising they do, to let this simple thing fall through the cracks.
Sort of like asking for your order at the fast food line and walking away as you give it.
Oh well, just hope it doesn't happen to Bob-Cat, with the new owners and all.

Envy Lawn Service
11-01-2006, 09:10 PM
I didn't read all of the thread... but I would guess this...

A SPAM FILTER THAT IS TOO AGRESSIVE

John Gamba
11-02-2006, 05:30 AM
I didn't read all of the thread... but I would guess this...

A SPAM FILTER THAT IS TOO AGRESSIVE

It could be:)

noseha
11-02-2006, 05:49 AM
john what do you need? a double blade kit called ninja blade kit and you went pro steer in a gear drive or looking for the drive kit made for the poor drive in wet weather? or conversion kit to make a pro steer out of a pistol grip ? I'm a littie slow and don't know what you need.

John Gamba
11-02-2006, 05:54 AM
john what do you need? a double blade kit called ninja blade kit and you went pro steer in a gear drive or looking for the drive kit made for the poor drive in wet weather? or conversion kit to make a pro steer out of a pistol grip ? I'm a littie slow and don't know what you need.

I was looking for the controls. i will get a hydro instead.

ProMo
11-02-2006, 07:31 AM
I emailed wright mfg 4 times and never got a reply I gave up.

John Gamba
11-02-2006, 07:43 AM
I emailed wright mfg 4 times and never got a reply I gave up.

Jim's on here time to time. hes nice to talk too if you can get him. try him threw here?? ask a moderator.