PDA

View Full Version : Peco Leaf Vac. Verses Cyclone Rake

ealbertson
11-01-2006, 08:33 AM
I have the Peco Cubic Foot unit on an eXmark Lazer Z now and am considering the Cyclone Rake system for another Lazer Z. I am just wondering other than size and manuverability how do the two compare. The one area I am concerned about is clogging and amount of suction each has, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

grass_cuttin_fool
11-01-2006, 08:43 AM
This is my 1st week with a CR, I tried to clog it up just see if I could but it handled anything the deck could send it. I have it hooked to a scag tiger cub with a 48'' deck and I have the pro model, the largest of the 3.

After using it this week, I wish I would of gotten the commander (the middle size).when the cr got about 1/2 full there was a noticable difference in the handleing of my mower. also the larger version is 54 inches wide and my deck is 48.........so I found places the mower would go but not the CR.

The commander has the same engine (7hp) and the heavy duty impellar, same as the pro model. The commander is like 49 inches wide.

wayne

Runner
11-01-2006, 01:46 PM
According to their website, the Commander has a 6 hp motor and the standard impellar...unlike the Pro.
Ed, if you are running the Peco vac, I can see where you would be wanting to try something else. These things are just SO heavy...let alone when you load it with leaves and grass. In conditions like this last season, it can really be bad, because we are in borderline rutting conditions. The beauty of the ctclone rake type setup, is that it carries its own weight - seperate from the mower...Much better distribution.