PDA

View Full Version : transition from weekly to cleanups

JJLandscapes
11-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Just curious do you other lcos have a specific week that u stop for maintenance and then take a week off till leaves completely fall off or do you just work staright through..... do you just go til the customers ask you to stop for the season

what i do is work staright for cleanup customers and whoever isnt getting a cleanup i go till the leaves get to bad where it gets considerd a cleanup

around here theres a mix of everything depends also on wether or not you use contracts

fearthedeere
11-01-2006, 11:26 AM
If the customer's bill is paid on time, we continue to service until they tell us to stop or slow down! If permission to do a cleanup is in question we'll call them, but that is usually agreed on earlier in the season. So we'll usually use our own discretion for the particular lawn as to when the cleanups start

LawnBrother
11-01-2006, 11:28 AM
I keep cutting until the grass is no longer growing, or they ask me to stop (cheapskates) Around here I usually get 1 or 2 cuts in for Nov. and then it's cleanup time. Sometimes props with a lot of mature trees get a preliminary cleanup, so mowing and cleanups overlap a little. It all depends on Mother Nature. She drops the leaves when she feels like it, so I work it accordingly.

LawnScapers of Dayton
11-02-2006, 05:52 AM
As of Oct 1, I switch to bi-weekly service, for mowing and leaf clean up. I usually get 2 in Oct, 2 in Nov, and sometimes 1 in Dec.

This has worked great for me.....

D

lawnguyland
11-02-2006, 07:34 AM
Almost all of my customers get fall clean-ups so I basically go every week until Thanksgving and mow and clean leaves. After thanksgiving anything I do is part of the fall clean-up. For the few exceptions I make for non-clean-up people that's it- done.
It's all in the contract- weekly service 'til turkey day, then fall clean-up. I tell them when I'll stop. Who wants customers that only want you to work for 6 months. I make the rules in these here parts! Basically I do the same thing and have the same exact weather as you.

that being said, I will skip a house here and there during Nov. if the grass is not growing and there are no leaves to clean that week. I basically do each house 3x in the 3.5 weeks before thanksgiving.

Before Christmas snow=boooooooo.
After Christmas snow=hoooooray!

dfor
11-02-2006, 08:18 AM
The last week in October is when I transition between cutting and clean-ups. Cutting a few this week, due to the weather being so nice. Quick clean-ups now till all the leaves fall.

grass_cuttin_fool
11-02-2006, 08:23 AM
Usually oct 31st is my last cut here and then I usually start leaf removal on an every other week schedule. But this year we have rain and warm temps and the grass is still growing, kinda got a mix of both going on here now

wayne

westwind
11-02-2006, 08:33 AM
We start mulch kits in september here and then start final cleanings when 80% of the leaves or better are down depending on weather. In a perfect world you would have bright skies and 8 days in a week. This has worked well for us up here.

DBL
11-02-2006, 08:45 AM
we are starting leaves monday and havent cut all this week. still waiting on more to fall