PDA

View Full Version : Quick 36 or 36 Wright Stander

nobagger
11-01-2006, 11:25 AM
We are starting our condo place next mowing season and there are a lot of smaller tight places to mow. Way too many tight places for any type of bigger Z turn, just enough room for a 36". I know a lot of you guys have the Quick 36's but I kinda need some speed to make things go a little faster, more so than walking, and it's too tight to use a sulky of any type. What are some of your guy's thoughts? Will a stander save me considerable time vs. the Quick 36 or not? And are they as manuverable as they look? Thanks in advance.:waving:

BUCKEYE MOWING
11-01-2006, 11:35 AM
The Quick 36 is light and very manuverable...They are heavy duty and always start ..you will not be disappointed.

TNT LawnCare Inc.
11-01-2006, 11:46 AM
The wright senater sport 36'with rapid height adjustment. Is what i would get much faster machine,the quick 36 is a nice mower thou.:waving:

TPLawnPro
11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
The 36" Wright Stander w/ Rapid Hite adjustment.
17 HP Kawasaki w/ Electric Start.

Make the Wright move, you'll be glad you did.

jtkplc
11-01-2006, 03:32 PM
Stander all they way. More maneuverable and efficient than a walk-behind.

I have experience with a 36" Gravely hydro walk-behind and a 36" Stander, so I know from experience.

MattsMowing3535
11-01-2006, 05:49 PM
You could get a stander or you could get 2-3 quick 36's Personaly ive heard good things about both of them. I think it depends one the crew size.

A.D Services
11-01-2006, 06:14 PM
or you could get a great dane super surfer i know they come only in a 48'' deck and i mow at condos and they have very small lawns and it worked perfectly on that place

MattsMowing3535
11-01-2006, 06:16 PM
but he has to get threw gates that only 36's can git threw so ya.

Shady Brook
11-01-2006, 06:33 PM
I have a similar sounding property coming up.

Things I have considered when thinking of using my current Wright 36, or getting a Quick are.

The Stander is more abusive to turf when turning, and more prone to rut. Some of my properties will be soft and prone to damage. The Quick would have the advantage.

If the properties are tight it seems the Quick is an excellant mulcher. This would save a bunch of time compared to bagging with the Stander with tight beds that need to be clean, plus you would not have the large bagger adding to the width of your machine in a tight area.

The Stander will be faster if you can utilize the Speed.

The Stander is Super manuverable but there is sacrifice in turf damage if you do not baby it in tender grass.

The Stander will cost nearly twice what a Quick would cost.

I would imagine from the reports the Quick will give a better quality of Cut.

If I land the association bid, I will buy a Quick 36. I will not spend nearly 5k on a machine that is prone to turf damage by tearing on turns, rutting, and leaves an average cut quality in the best of conditions.

That is my take.

A.D Services
11-01-2006, 07:23 PM
oh yea forgot about the 36'' gate in that case i would definitley go with the quick 36 samurai thos are about the best mowers for the money. i cant wait till the qick 44 comes out

ed2hess
11-01-2006, 07:31 PM
I have a similar sounding property coming up.

Things I have considered when thinking of using my current Wright 36, or getting a Quick are.

The Stander is more abusive to turf when turning, and more prone to rut. Some of my properties will be soft and prone to damage. The Quick would have the advantage.

If the properties are tight it seems the Quick is an excellant mulcher. This would save a bunch of time compared to bagging with the Stander with tight beds that need to be clean, plus you would not have the large bagger adding to the width of your machine in a tight area.

The Stander will be faster if you can utilize the Speed.

The Stander is Super manuverable but there is sacrifice in turf damage if you do not baby it in tender grass.

The Stander will cost nearly twice what a Quick would cost.

I would imagine from the reports the Quick will give a better quality of Cut.

If I land the association bid, I will buy a Quick 36. I will not spend nearly 5k on a machine that is prone to turf damage by tearing on turns, rutting, and leaves an average cut quality in the best of conditions.

That is my take.
The cut is just fine on the Stander....great mulcher lot of power and the Sentar 36" has wide tires little turf damage once you learn to drive it. Isn't Quick a single hydro....not what is needed in tight spots. And it is nice to be able to sit down on Sentar Sport. And the profile of stander is small so condo kind of customers are less like to complain than a 36"ZTR, and fits nicely in trailer. The 17hp Kaw with electric start is also nice.

Shady Brook
11-01-2006, 09:23 PM
I am glad you are happy with the cut on your stander. I personally find it decent in ideal conditions, and down right poor if there is a lot of growth or if there is moisture.

I am not aware of a mulch kit for the 36 stander, can you give me some info? Last I heard it was only a plate to block off the opening. My unit is a 2002 I believe if that makes any difference.

nobagger
11-02-2006, 06:52 AM
Thanks for all the feed back, now I'm really torn,lol. I think Better Quick needs to get some demo's out to us because the video's and brochure's just don't cut it for me. I know there's a ton of testimonial's out there but I really don't rely on other people's experience's vs. seeing and using it first hand. And I know they have a 30 money back guarantee but I really don't want to go through that hassle. Please keep the thoughts coming, thanks.

GPDesign1
11-02-2006, 02:25 PM
J&B,

Give us a ring here at the plant and we'll try to hook you up with an owner nearby so you can take a look.

Toll-free 866-290-7295

gp

TPLawnPro
11-02-2006, 03:27 PM
We are starting our condo place next mowing season and there are a lot of smaller tight places to mow. Way too many tight places for any type of bigger Z turn, just enough room for a 36". I know a lot of you guys have the Quick 36's but I kinda need some speed to make things go a little faster, more so than walking, and it's too tight to use a sulky of any type. What are some of your guy's thoughts? Will a stander save me considerable time vs. the Quick 36 or not? And are they as manuverable as they look? Thanks in advance.:waving:

If you were considering spending the money on either the Wright Stander or the Quick 36, but then decided on the Quick 36; you might as well go with an Exmark Turf Tracer HP 36. If you think that Quick 36 can deliver a nice cut, then you haven't seen anything yet.

I have a Wright Stander 32, and am about to purchase the Stander 36 w/ Rapid Hite Adj. Oh, and talk about wet ground conditions, that's what South Louisiana is all about; and the Wright does just fine down here.

The Wright is definitely precise with regard to it's maneuverability capabilities - I can attest to that. And the cut results are excellent for us - wet or dry turf. Best of all, Wright definitely does not under-power their machines.

The reason that I chose the Wright Stander is because it most certainly gets in and out of very tight spaces with little effort.

ed2hess
11-02-2006, 06:39 PM
I am glad you are happy with the cut on your stander. I personally find it decent in ideal conditions, and down right poor if there is a lot of growth or if there is moisture.

I am not aware of a mulch kit for the 36 stander, can you give me some info? Last I heard it was only a plate to block off the opening. My unit is a 2002 I believe if that makes any difference.
Our 2006 Stander came with the mulch kit.....all I know is they have some baffles around each blade to sorta isolate each side and the outlet is blocked. We mowed some wet rye grass while it was raining and it did better than the Walker or Scag....? I am definitely not an expert on stripping quality cuts but the cuts looks okay to me from the Stander.

pcarlson1911
11-02-2006, 07:44 PM
And you are welcome to come play with my Samauri. Heck my lawn needs to be cut so come on over any time!
pc

lafrance4078
11-03-2006, 11:14 AM
Let me just add a little info. Last season, I recieved the contract from an association for a 140 unit condo complex that also had 8 acres of common area. The units are indevidual structures. Lots of tight places and lots of trimming. We purchased a Quick 36 Fox. I love this machine. Very light, manuverable, perfect cut, and many more pluses. I will say, that after a 8 hour day at the condos, the guy running the 36 was dead. Having to use your body to turn the machine for 8 hours, will drain you. I don't regret one ounce of buying the Quick, I just wish that it was easier on the muscles. I never had the first problem in areas that had poor drainage, as far as rutting is concerned. 36" gates were not a problem. We were even able to get it threw 34"(against code) gates. So good luck with your decision. Send me a PM if you want more info or pics.

P.S. the folks at Better Outdoor Products were great with customer support.

Willofalltrades
11-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Will you be using this unit on other yards? If it will benefit you on more than one property and increase your productivity than a stander all the way. Otherwise you are stuck with a $5500 unit on the trailer all day for one client.

If it is just one client you need the 36" for than go with the quick 36. Its half as expensive and does the same job.

metro36
11-03-2006, 05:41 PM
I would buy a stander. More productivity + less walking = more payup payup

nobagger
11-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Will you be using this unit on other yards? If it will benefit you on more than one property and increase your productivity than a stander all the way. Otherwise you are stuck with a $5500 unit on the trailer all day for one client.

If it is just one client you need the 36" for than go with the quick 36. Its half as expensive and does the same job.
In all probability I would use it (stander) on quite a few yards, but its main focus would be these condo's. But I don't think its such a good idea to buy one mower just for one property,(in most cases). I just wish I could demo one (a quick 36), its got to be easier to use than my 36 Exmark Metro HP (belt driven) And Gary, thank you for trying to set up a demo with someone close but I don't have the time to go very far (plowing and all) we have 4" of the white stuff on the ground now.

TPLawnPro
11-04-2006, 11:45 AM
In all probability I would use it (stander) on quite a few yards, but its main focus would be these condo's. But I don't think its such a good idea to buy one mower just for one property,(in most cases). I just wish I could demo one (a quick 36), its got to be easier to use than my 36 Exmark Metro HP (belt driven) And Gary, thank you for trying to set up a demo with someone close but I don't have the time to go very far (plowing and all) we have 4" of the white stuff on the ground now.

I use my Stander on just about everything. There's nothing but postage stamp type lots around here. If I can't use the Stander, I then resort to my 21" Commercial Toro, and my Toro gets rarely used.

PTP
11-04-2006, 01:06 PM
I have both the Stander 36" and the Quick 36.

Keep in mind that we mow primarily Bermuda grass that is very picky about being cut right. Small imperfections really show up - especially toward the end of the season.

The Stander mows faster than the Quick

The Stander discharges wet grass better than the Quick

The Stander is a tougher machine than the quick - less maintenance

The Stander costs almost twice as much as the Quick

The Stander will rut in soft soil and the Quick will only rut if your feet are sinking in when you are walking.

The Stander cuts ok and the Quick's cut is superb.

The Stander will tear the lawn up if you are not careful (and sometimes if you are careful) and the Quick is very gentle.

You are less tired after operating the Stander all day than if you operate the Quick all day.

The Stander will cut overgrown lawns better than the Quick.

Overall, the Stander is a good machine but I will probably not buy any more. The Quick gives the best cut I have ever seen other than on a reel mower. It is also very light which is important not only for rutting during the wet spring but also because our Bermuda grasses have their growth sort of stunted after you run over them with something that is heavy. I end up getting a kind of checkerboard pattern with the stander and it just looks flat and smooth with the quick.

Hope this helps.

jameson
11-04-2006, 01:19 PM

Keep in mind that we mow primarily Bermuda grass that is very picky about being cut right. Small imperfections really show up - especially toward the end of the season.

The Stander will rut in soft soil and the Quick will only rut if your feet are sinking in when you are walking.

The Stander will tear the lawn up if you are not careful (and sometimes if you are careful) and the Quick is very gentle.

You are less tired after operating the Stander all day than if you operate the Quick all day.

Overall, the Stander is a good machine but I will probably not buy any more. The Quick gives the best cut I have ever seen other than on a reel mower. It is also very light which is important not only for rutting during the wet spring but also because our Bermuda grasses have their growth sort of stunted after you run over them with something that is heavy. I end up getting a kind of checkerboard pattern with the stander and it just looks flat and smooth with the quick.

Hope this helps.

Very informative - that all reviews on LS should be so helpful.

Nice job.

nobagger
11-05-2006, 10:01 AM

Hope this helps.

Yes this helped a ton! thank you for the info this is just what I wanted to hear. Up here we primarily cut fescues and rye grasses and weather can sometimes be very wet so ruts would be a big factor,especially at this place. Thanks again.

PTP
11-05-2006, 03:56 PM
You are welcome. Glad I could help.

Jay74
11-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Hustler Trimstar Hydro 36"!!! End of discussion. The Quick 36 is too wide at 39.5" for most small gates. Plus the quick is a workout!

Jason

jazak
11-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Get the WRIGHT.

BUCKEYE MOWING
11-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Hustler Trimstar Hydro 36"!!! End of discussion. The Quick 36 is too wide at 39.5" for most small gates. Plus the quick is a workout!

Jason
Do you own a quick 36 ? Why is it a workout ?

MattsMowing3535
11-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Becuse it is kidna like runing a snowthrower. you aren't just pulling on a handle or pushing to turn you have to kinda turn the machine on your own. Like with a 21 inch mower only it has castors. . .Actauly that is exactly what it is a 21 inch mower on steriods.

BUCKEYE MOWING
11-05-2006, 09:05 PM
SO again do you own one Matt ?

MattsMowing3535
11-05-2006, 09:31 PM
I thought I said that in my post. No I don't own one. And If you think I am a hater of the Quick 36 your wrong. I dont care if its a little harder to move around. Its half the price and it has 10 times the cut qaulity from what I have heard and seen. I have also figured that it must be like that becuse of all of the things I have heard and the Drive system described in other posts. I figure if Im saveing 2,000 dollers and Have a 200% the cut I can push a little to turn.

fastcutter
11-05-2006, 09:35 PM
get a wright if you want to ride if not get you a exmark 36" walk behind. Thats what I did..

#1 you can get the parts local..

Matts lawn care
11-05-2006, 10:11 PM
i have a quick 36 super duty and i love it. the cut is just as good if not better than a 21". it also discharges and mulches well. i should of bought one sooner. you better act fast wail they still have that sale.