PDA

View Full Version : Cemetary rules

dwlah
11-01-2006, 12:56 PM
I was talking to the chairmen of the cemetary committee that I mow and we were talking about next year and what needs to be done as far as having some rules concerning flowers opening/closing graves etc
This is mainly for the people who visit the cemetary
Basically he told me come up with whatever I need to make my life easier :dancing:

robbo521
11-01-2006, 02:03 PM
well on ours,we have the county come dig the grave and they take most of the dirt not needed.the people close the grave or the funeral home.after the close i will let flowers stay up to 3 weeks before taking them to the pit.flowers on top of stone must be tied down.any flowers that are out of season get picked up or if they are faded real bad.if wind blows flowers off,i hang them on the fence for 2 weeks then burn them.if you want to put the little white fence up around the grave then you must take care of the inside of it.i do spray round up around the stones.this grave yard is old and some date back to 1800 so some just have a rock out of a field on them.i do a clean up one time a year on flowers,i run add in paper telling them all flowers must be removed if they are not new or i will remove them,this is for decoration.

dwlah
11-01-2006, 10:00 PM
Thanks
I like the three week rule
Really like the white fence rule and the flowers attached to the headstone rule
Did the round up thing around the fence of the prop
Dont know if doing the round up around the markers may try it around some of the older markers that nobody seems to visit
Anybody else?

robbo521
11-02-2006, 12:27 AM
i spray around them about a foot and if they are close i will spray to the next marker.none of these markers are in line much so it lets me just go wide open.dont have to worry about hitting any that way,plus only about 15min of trim work.

dwlah
11-02-2006, 10:19 AM
If I did round up around all the markers Id cut my job from 5 hrs to 2 but
I know if I do round up around a couple of markers Id be in trouble
There is one old lady(about 150 years old) she comes up there everytime somebody goes in the cemetary to see who it is and what they are doing and if I dont mow to her schedule she gets her son to mow thier little section then the next day or so I come by(she runs on about 10 days I go by every 2 weeks)