PDA

View Full Version : Opinion needed on the Echo PAS power pruner attachment

tsh1773
11-01-2006, 04:01 PM
I have the PAS 239 Echo Pro attachment series and have had great success with the hedge trimmer and edger attachments. I have several crepe myrtles to prune and thought of buying the pruner attachment ($189). Just wanted to hear how well these work from users who have used this or similar products before I buy.

Green-Pro
11-01-2006, 06:56 PM
We have the pruner attachment for the PAS-260 and it performs quite nicely. We use it often, but it does have its limitations as far as heighth, overall i would highly recommend it.

ed2hess
11-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Not sure how you use these on crape myrtles.....branches too big? Better go up to the 260 for that type of work. We already had a flex coupler failure on 260 and it was due to cutting big stuff.

gl1200a
11-02-2006, 05:29 PM
I use mine often as it's the only 'chain saw' I own. I use it to trim trees and I've used it to cut down and section trees up to 12 inches or so. Not that I use that attachment daily or as a normal chain saw would be used, but I do use it often and I cut down some overgrown shrubs yesterday. Great system... the P A S.

Shawns Lawns
11-18-2006, 10:05 AM
i have one and thind its great, i only wish i got the articulating one.

tallimeca
11-23-2006, 10:52 AM
we sell a TON of all the pas attatchments, except for the dethatcher. Never sold 1!!!

Most guys buy the Pas260, with a trimmer, brush cutter, hedge trimmer, and the pruner.

That way, they have 1 power head to maintain, and a backup trimmer if needed.

The pruner uses the same gearcase the PPT260 uses, however, just remember that it is a PRUNER, not a CHAINSAW. Over or misuse can cause shaft failure. 5 or 6 years now, have had 0 failures on this attachment. Surprisingly, not even a cable failure. You think my customers listened to me?:confused: