PDA

View Full Version : '07 Gravely's = new insanely high prices

Envy Lawn Service
11-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Just thought I would share that I recieved a letter from a dealer with a advertisement for the 2007 Gravely's.

All I want to know is "who fell and hit their head?"

They want 10K for a new 260Z XZD with the 30hp Kohler.

At this point I'm serious... I really want to know who fell and hit their head?

Gravely???........or.........the dealer???

For me it's hard to believe either could be that nuts.

sjessen
11-01-2006, 10:42 PM
They want 10K for a new 260Z XZD with the 30hp Kohler.

Is this their new series advertising superior reliability? I believe it is called Extra Durability Z. They claim 30% greater durability oover other z's. Since the engines are all the same I am curious which components they are referring to.

Mowingman
11-01-2006, 10:43 PM
I believe you are going to see large price hikes from all mower manufacturers.
We ordered a bunch of Gravely commercial walkbehind machines just before the price increase, and have them stacked under a tarp in our lot. The dealer cost this year, for the 32" gear drive walkbehind, is more than we were selling them for last year.
I will check and let you know tomorrow what our selling price would be on that 260 machine, just so you can have something to compare to.

Envy Lawn Service
11-01-2006, 10:57 PM
Ok... I was wondering...

The Gravely prices have always been "ok" and I have been keeping them in the back of my mind from year to year just to keep an open mind. But not anymore. I just don't see that level of price increase being justified.

It wasn't all that long ago you could buy the biggest baddest Gravely unit available around that kind of price level.

I'm sorry, I don't care if it is supposed to be 30% better.
It's still just a V-Twin gas powered lawnmower. That's all.

I really hate this for you Gravely dealers.
No way around passing that kind of cost increase on to the customer.
It's gonna hurt sales.

Precision
11-02-2006, 08:01 AM
I really hate this for you Gravely dealers.
No way around passing that kind of cost increase on to the customer.
It's gonna hurt sales.

only if the other mowers don't go up as well.

And I hear rumors that scag and toro are bumping up prices pretty well. We will see. If they do, I am gonna wish I had bought that deisel this season.

Mowingman
11-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Envy,
They are quoting you nearly list price at the $10,000.00 figure you mentioned.
If we were selling that mower here at my shop, we would sell it for $8999.00
Dealers can charge whatever they want to. Your dealer may not get some of the price breaks we do. It depends on the volume of business as to what they pay for their machines.
Across the board, I think we will have to raise our Gravely prices $200.00 - 300.00 per machine on the average, to keep up with price increases.
That is just an average.

John Gamba
11-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Envy,
They are quoting you nearly list price at the $10,000.00 figure you mentioned.
If we were selling that mower here at my shop, we would sell it for $8999.00
Dealers can charge whatever they want to. Your dealer may not get some of the price breaks we do. It depends on the volume of business as to what they pay for their machines.
Across the board, I think we will have to raise our Gravely prices $200.00 - 300.00 per machine on the average, to keep up with price increases.
That is just an average.

Mowingman

What are you getting for the 48" 17 kaw fixed deck hydro walk with pistol grips?? Are they offering any bigger engines for that model??

DFW Area Landscaper
11-02-2006, 11:19 AM
Honda just raised prices on all their outdoor power equipment parts across the board.

Everyone has sense enough to raise prices but the residential lawn mowing companies. I look forward to yet another spring where everyone is advertising $20 cuts.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

Mowingman
11-02-2006, 11:40 AM
We have never sold a hydro walkbehind. There is no market for them up here in Denton. I will check on engines and pricing and get back to you later today.

Mowingman

What are you getting for the 48" 17 kaw fixed deck hydro walk with pistol grips?? Are they offering any bigger engines for that model??

John Gamba
11-02-2006, 11:54 AM
We have never sold a hydro walkbehind. There is no market for them up here in Denton. I will check on engines and pricing and get back to you later today.

Cool --- thank you :)

J&R Landscaping
11-02-2006, 01:10 PM
If they are claiming the extra durability, what is different on the machine? Are they running a newer (or larger) hydro system?

Mowingman
11-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Mowingman

Our price for the 48 hydro walkbehind, fixed deck, pistol grip is $4750.00. Add $250.00 if you want the Prosteer version.
THe 17hp Kawasaki is the only engine offered.

John Gamba
11-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Our price for the 48 hydro walkbehind, fixed deck, pistol grip is $4750.00. Add $250.00 if you want the Prosteer version.
THe 17hp Kawasaki is the only engine offered.

Thanks bud:waving: :)