PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on 2006 eXmark Lazer Z XS w 25hp Kubota Diesel ???

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 12:46 AM
Friend of mine failed in his lawn maintenace endevour....he is selling his 2006 eXmark Lazer Z XS w 25hp Kubota Diesel and is willing to give it to me for $3500. I never researched lazers, but I figure this will cut mt 1 acre lawn for the next 20 years, yet cheaper than a decent riding mower...hour meter shows 33 hours...yes 33 hours

Runner
11-02-2006, 02:08 AM
A 2006 Lazer, let alone an XS for 3500? Something is terribly wrong with this scenario. :rolleyes:

Potchkins
11-02-2006, 02:29 AM
if it's ligit i'll drive from arkansas to get it tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Elkbow
11-02-2006, 06:15 AM
That's not a good deal........... It's a GREAT deal! If you don't want it, I DO!

Jpocket
11-02-2006, 06:27 AM
Thats a deal of a lifetime...esp, if it's a 2006.

John Gamba
11-02-2006, 06:34 AM
A 2006 Lazer, let alone an XS for 3500? Something is terribly wrong with this scenario. :rolleyes:

Lets see what the real story is:)

jtkplc
11-02-2006, 08:25 AM
If he's selling a completely working 2006 Kubota diesel Lazer Z XS for $3500, I see why he didn't make it in the lawn business.

John Gamba
11-02-2006, 08:51 AM
If he's selling a completely working 2006 Kubota diesel Lazer Z XS for $3500, I see why he didn't make it in the lawn business.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

J&R Landscaping
11-02-2006, 10:22 AM
I can already see why he didnt make it, he wnt out as a brand new company and spent 10-12 grand on a new mower. (from the hours, he didnt need it either)

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 11:43 AM
OK, now you guys are making me feel guilty...are you to say this is a $10K+ machine? Should I tell him to sell it for more? Do you think it's overkill for a 1 acre lawn...I gues not at $3,500...but this really bugs me.

I have a JD 280aws for my residence, but was always intrigued by a ZT

J&R Landscaping
11-02-2006, 12:07 PM
That mower brand new would sell for $10-$12 grand unless it was a demo or dealer markdown or something like that. I cant imagine why he would sell it that low! Does everything on it function as it should? Is there anything wrong with the mower?

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 12:17 PM
on second thought...I don't feel too bad. I just called him to seal the deal. He's bringing it by tonight. 33 hours on the hourmeter...she is mint. I'll have to throw the honda out of the garage given my shed is storing the JD.

BTW... The reason he failed in his business is b/c he's doesn't work hard enough. He made millions during the internet boom, in his 40's, quit his stocbroker job last year and was bored, so he tried lawncare..it's what his dad did for a living...I told him this business is not like trading stock.

John Gamba
11-02-2006, 12:24 PM
on second thought...I don't feel too bad. I just called him to seal the deal. He's bringing it by tonight. 33 hours on the hourmeter...she is mint. I'll have to throw the honda out of the garage given my shed is storing the JD.

BTW... The reason he failed in his business is b/c he's doesn't work hard enough. He made millions during the internet boom, in his 40's, quit his stocbroker job last year and was bored, so he tried lawncare..it's what his dad did for a living...I told him this business is not like trading stock.

Can you post a pic

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 12:51 PM
pm me with and e-mail and I'll send it over...can't figure out the whole posting thing within a forum...maybe you could post it up here for me?

lawnspecialties
11-02-2006, 12:57 PM

Sounds like a great deal, but......"He made millions during the internet boom" and now he wants to cut grass?:confused:

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 01:07 PM
sorry guys bear with me on this whole hosting thing...hope this workshttp://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lazeril8.jpg

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 01:13 PM
ok try this link http://img521.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lazeril8.jpg

TAZ
11-02-2006, 01:14 PM
That is one hell of a deal if it goes through. I paid 8450 for my 60" 05 XS with the 31 vangard on it.

That XS is extreme overkill for an acre. Think of taking a AK47 on a rabbit hunt.

-TAZ

TAZ
11-02-2006, 01:17 PM
Ok I just saw the pic and it has the Ultra-Vac as well. That is 2500 list. I am pretty skeptical about this deal. If you get it for anything less than 8grand with 30 some hours on it your stealing it from him.

-TAZ

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 01:17 PM
LOL...well at $3500 I am looking foward to mowing the lawn in 20 mins...I hope...heck I may actually make some money...still have to now sell my JD LX280aws with 28 hours on it...w JD power flow bagger I should be able to cover the 3,500

DEEJ
11-02-2006, 01:22 PM
Deal or no deal - DEAL!!!

Worth a lot more than the prices quoted so far if that is indeed a catcher on the back of it.

I agree it is way overkill for an acre. With a house, driveway, trees, beds etc on an acre, you may find the turning with the big machine leaves more torn grass than is acceptable.

That said, don't dare pass it up, if for nothing else than to flip it and more than double your money from it!

deej

DEEJ
11-02-2006, 01:24 PM
You may want to hang on to that JD for a bit. Spend some time in the seat of the XS and you may come to realize it is too big, heavy and cumbersome for the space you need to cut. Only you will know that.

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 01:33 PM
hopefully better angle...all I have is the camera phone

http://img433.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lazer2cv5.jpg

Lazer_Z
11-02-2006, 02:37 PM
dmanb2b. Are you sure that that machine is an XS diesel? Those pic's don't look like it's an XS or a diesel. It looks like a full size Lazer Z with an Ultra Vac QDS. The reason I ask is because it would have "XS" right after the "Z" in Lazer Z also the caps on the tanks are black and not yellow. Even if it's not an XS that's still a steal at $3,500.

Rob

Runner
11-02-2006, 02:53 PM
Geez oh Pete... Get hold of him and see what ELSE he wants to give away. tell him to throw in all his 2 cycle stuff for a few hundred more. Obviously, he doesn't care much about the value of a dollar (being a millionaire and all), so yu'd be doing him a favor by getting it out of his way.

jtkplc
11-02-2006, 03:19 PM
dmanb2b. Are you sure that that machine is an XS diesel? Those pic's don't look like it's an XS or a diesel. It looks like a full size Lazer Z with an Ultra Vac QDS. The reason I ask is because it would have "XS" right after the "Z" in Lazer Z also the caps on the tanks are black and not yellow. Even if it's not an XS that's still a steal at $3,500.

Rob

Yeah, looking close at the pics it's not a diesel. It should also have a Triton sticker which looking on Exmark's website it should have one of those too on the front by the footplate to make it a 2006. Who knows...

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 05:02 PM
you guys are awesome...I ask him about the diesel and caps, triton...etc and he replies...uh yeah..uh I guy I know just offerred me $8,500 for it so I think that's a better deal...I'll still sell it to you for $8,500?

Bottom line..he's stiffing me (but I can't blame him...I guess what goes around comes around) and I just plain don;t need this machine for my 1 acre lawn...not for $8,500

jtkplc
11-02-2006, 05:14 PM
you guys are awesome...I ask him about the diesel and caps, triton...etc and he replies...uh yeah..uh I guy I know just offerred me $8,500 for it so I think that's a better deal...I'll still sell it to you for $8,500?

Bottom line..he's stiffing me (but I can't blame him...I guess what goes around comes around) and I just plain don;t need this machine for my 1 acre lawn...not for $8,500

Interesting, very interesting. *rubs chin*

SimonCX
11-02-2006, 05:39 PM
Personally I think this is a bunch of crap, no one in there right mind would sell an 2006 eXmark Lazer Z XS w 25hp Kubota Diesel for $3500 useless it's hot, and even thieves are not that stupid. And another thing that's not an xs in the pic's, that a normal lazer z.

Runner
11-02-2006, 06:16 PM
There was an old saying I heard a long time ago....It had something to do with the words "If something sounds too good to be true...", or SOMEthing like that. What you have here, is a regular Lazer, 25 hp Kohler. It is rather new, because it has the larger gas caps on it (You can't go just off the rops, because they were available for retro fits, too. One thing you CAN notice, though. The traction tape is wore off the lift pedal. You'd be hard pressed to do that in 33 hrs. running time. I'm willing to bet that this machine has "a bit more" than 33 hrs. on it, and is perhaps not showing on the hour meter. You have to figure...at part time - even as little as 4 hours cutting time a week, this would amount to 8 days..That's right, not 8 weeks...8 DAYS.
Hey,...do us a favor...just to humor us and our curiosity. Get the serial numbers for this machine...I'd be curious to know.....As a matter of fact,...I'd be REAL curious to know.

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 06:18 PM
yeah more like BS and not crap...as soon as I start asking the good points you all raised...he's backing out of it by saying I got an offer for $8,500...I'm like WTF and now realize he tries to upsell it on me that it's a diesel and xs...or whatever...like I said when I asked originally...I don;'t know much about exmark or lazers, but I know they are one of the top Z's out there...unfortunately I guess the saying stays true...if the deal seems to good to be true.....

Runner
11-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I think you should STILL go over there and get the serial #s from it. I wouldn't trust this guy as far as I could throw him. If he's a blatant liar like that, it is for a reason. I'd like to compare the #s to some of the #s on a previous thread or two. Wouldn't that be something if we inadvertantly came across one of the hot Lazers taken from the shipment?
This guy was ready to DUMP this machine like he didn't even know what he had,...until all of a sudden someone was inquiring that may have some info and knowledge about these machines. Like I say,...something is VERY VERY fishy about this thing.

WildWest
11-02-2006, 07:39 PM
A Exmark z/ with a diesel 35 hrs.......To a lawn guy that is equivalent to hanging a back of crack in front of a junkie and telling them 1/3 the price.
:laugh:

JUMP ON IT! I'd give him 3800.00!!!!! Better hope We DONT FIND HIM! LOL

d&rlawncare
11-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Friend of mine failed in his lawn maintenace endevour....he is selling his 2006 eXmark Lazer Z XS w 25hp Kubota Diesel and is willing to give it to me for $3500. I never researched lazers, but I figure this will cut mt 1 acre lawn for the next 20 years, yet cheaper than a decent riding mower...hour meter shows 33 hours...yes 33 hours

This is all a joke. This guy FAILED in the biz. He (the friend) had to buy the machine at some point so he would know what its worth. I think Dmanb2b is stringing you all along...............

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 08:27 PM
This is all a joke. This guy FAILED in the biz. He (the friend) had to buy the machine at some point so he would know what its worth. I think Dmanb2b is stringing you all along...............

What gives man? Like I have nothing better to do? I know I'm a fairly new member...but what the hell do I have to gain from something like that...I'm the one who thought was getting this piece of crap for $3,500 not you...obviously he wasn;t serious and when I bit on his fake offer he's backing out.

I'm an accountant and not a lawncare professional, and that's why I asked you all for your opinion...I may be a pencil pusher but I still like to play with lawn toys...obviously I own a JD LX280aws an echo bp755T and a crapsman trimmer for my 1 acre lawn...so I'm just trying to upgrade to nicer equip.

dmanb2b
11-02-2006, 08:29 PM
A Exmark z/ with a diesel 35 hrs.......To a lawn guy that is equivalent to hanging a back of crack in front of a junkie and telling them 1/3 the price.
:laugh:

JUMP ON IT! I'd give him 3800.00!!!!! Better hope We DONT FIND HIM! LOL

LOL...that was funny dude

WildWest
11-02-2006, 09:26 PM
LOL...

You never know... I've heard of people selling high priced equip. for next to nothing because they're desperate! They TRIED to keep it, but it overwhelmed them. So they sell for next to nothing!

J&R Landscaping
11-02-2006, 10:17 PM
I think $8500 for that machine as it sits is a bit much. If it were a disel, maybe but not for a 25 or 27 kohler on it. JMO

d&rlawncare
11-03-2006, 07:53 AM
What gives man? Like I have nothing better to do? I know I'm a fairly new member...but what the hell do I have to gain from something like that...I'm the one who thought was getting this piece of crap for $3,500 not you...obviously he wasn;t serious and when I bit on his fake offer he's backing out.

I'm an accountant and not a lawncare professional, and that's why I asked you all for your opinion...I may be a pencil pusher but I still like to play with lawn toys...obviously I own a JD LX280aws an echo bp755T and a crapsman trimmer for my 1 acre lawn...so I'm just trying to upgrade to nicer equip.

Just MY opinion at the time, dont get all worked up.

Willofalltrades
11-03-2006, 11:52 AM
This guy is pushing you around. Get the serial # and ask brian in the Exmark Forum to run it and see if this machine is stolen. This guy obviously is up to something.

ALarsh
11-03-2006, 02:57 PM
You should have bought it right away... give him a check when he offered for that price to take it off his hands. You were too slow. I would have gave you $4500 for that machine, $1000 in your pocket for doing next to nothing.